Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

shanep

Jul 09

shanep says:

anchor points in m.c bays

why aren't there any?!

i've had the SV 2 years now and fortunately it's not been stolen.  I want a 600/1000 sports but my biggest concern is to spend a lot of money only to have the thing stolen!  Aside from disc locks and alarms there's not much on offer for the prevention of theft in london..

might go for a more touring style bike because i think they'll be less attractive to thiefs?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 February 2011 19:40)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Put the chain etc in a bag

and bungee it to the seat.  If you land on a decent lock n chain having come off, it will worsen your injuries exponentially.

Put your chain through another bikers chain, makes the theiving fraternity think twice.

Reply to this Topic
gsxr600k5

Oct 09

gsxr600k5 says:

other problem

Is the scum could chain it up also till dark and have it away!

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i lock my bike on to lamppost or any thing that cant be moved and keep my lock in my tank bag or paniers

Reply to this Topic
Maggiespaniel

Jun 10

what about

Posts at motorcycle bays with built in chains. Then either provide your own padlock or some sort of pound coin deposit for a key type thing. - anyway, havn't thought it through properly but reckon there could be a smart solution there somewhere. I reckon bikers would even be willing to pay for parking if it offered protection.

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

They aren't there for the reason, becuase this US fed moronic litigous state we live in would render this a claim waiting to happen.

'I was running to cross the road when I tripped over a sunken anchor point in a bike parking bay, 'are you taking the piss or what claim awarded me 10 gazillion dollars'

Have you been the victim of a vicious and unwarranted injury thanks to a glaringly obvious and protruding bright yellow anchor point in a bike bay you shouldn't even have been crossing on foot if you don't have a bike in there?, then call 'are you taking the piss or what claims' etc

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Claims Culture

Thankfully, that still hasn't reached here!  If you fall over something (ie, a hole in the pavement) then obviously you weren't looking, so it's your own fault.

(Last year, a crowd of people were killed crossing a railway line, as the underground tunnel was too small to cope with the large numbers going to a concert.  The official answer - they weren't meant to be on the track.  End of.)

Me - I just park next to a lampost, and use my own covered wire rope, which does fit under the seat.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

lock carrier

http://www.motrax.co.uk/index.php?mod=product&id_prd=62

And learn to use the chain and lock properly. DO NOT leave it dangling on the ground.

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

anchors

they have dedicated bike parking in hastings with anchor hoops to chain bike to and in all the years i've been going down there i have never seen them used,

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

plus one  for using a lock right dont just lock your front wheel to a pole as any good theft cant just take your wheel off. its best to lock the frame to your wheel to a pole as it be harder to steal.

Reply to this Topic
robertohare

Jan 11

robertohare says:

http://www.motosafe.co.uk/

should put these in places that a high risk areas.

i would deffo pay for one of these,

would even buy one for my house if i could :D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices