Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double

Carlos Checa rounded off a perfect weekend at Phillip Island with victory in race two to take home a maximum of 50 points and the World championship lead. Nobody was able to keep pace with Checa once he took the lead a few laps in, and he soon pulled away from the chasing pack. Max Biaggi again finished second, after a long...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 February 2011 09:57)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
j6dnp

Nov 09

j6dnp says:

WSB hotties

yeah jack has the hots for lavertys piper i think also, both melandries and lavertys are good brolie girls thou,  does melandrie get to her with a ladder. :-)

Reply to this Topic
sashadog

Mar 10

sashadog says:

Biaggi

It looks like its gonna be hard to stop Max again this year,his bike is just to fast for th others to keep up with,and with him not the kinda rider that makes too many mistakes its looking good for him.Aprilla seem to have that steering issue sorted,that seemed to make Biaggi go wide into (midway) alot of corners last year,only remember it happening once or twice in the 2 races today.

As regards Checa im Thinking that he ll never have such a good weekend again as he had this weekend,he was really up for today and that Ducati is not gonna suite as many tracks as good as it suited PI,but fair play to him..

Was tough on EL but he ll put it down to experience and move on and up.

Id say JR is happy enough with his results considering he probably didnt think hed be even on the grid 24hrs before the race..

Anyway roll on Donnington and well see what the Brits are made of on there home turf (or not)

Reply to this Topic
sashadog

Mar 10

sashadog says:

Laverty

Eugene Laverty suffered armpump in the latter stages of race one today and decided to settle for 4th place instead of fighting for a podium and risking a crash.

His explaination for his fuck up in race 2 was that he hit a false neutral gear and it sent him off the track,and did the same later on in the race,,,,So hed better sort that neutral thing out,,,but it just goes to show what a fine line there is between finishing on the podium and finishing no where,the likes of that can happen to anyone and with these races being so close no one will take any prisioners...

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Thanks.

But I read the race reports on the Yamaha Racing website.

Reply to this Topic
sashadog

Mar 10

sashadog says:

Well

maybe everyone didnt,so take it as not for your sake but everyone elses (that didnt read it on the Yamaha site):upset: 

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

Good start to the season..

I enjoyed both races.. the yamaha's did me proud..The yamaha team will do much better than last year, mostly because the bike is much improved.. Even both riders said that after riding the 2010 bike compared to the 2011 bike.. they didn't know how those guys (cal and JT) did it... makes me wonder what Cal and JT could've done with this improved 2011 version, maybe not win it all, but at least had a better showing/outcome to the season points wise. Just need a bit more power on top, and we are set... 

I know the Aprilla is crazy fast, but not all the tracks will allow them to hit 317kmh... So with the BMW, Honda, Duc, and the Yam in good shape this year, I think we are in for very different looking podiums week to week..At least I hope it ends up that way.. (final outcome.. yamaha wins.. ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You're right Sean Foley

Biaggi would have won both races if he was on a factory Ducati in all but name like Carlos Checa. Pray tell - just what is this unfair advantage the Aprilia has? You are aware it is a homologated road bike meeting all the WSBK rules don't you? Or perhaps it's really a 1200 and only weights 130kg? Or maybe Biaggi doesn't punt that very nervous machine around the track with such precision at all. Perhaps he just sits there as Aprilia boss Gigi Dell'Igna controls it by remote?

Reply to this Topic
1batfink

May 08

1batfink says:

sean foley dont talk rubbish

name the unfair advantage......

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Right?

No, wrong! The fact that his bike is faster in a straight line is an advantage - not an unfair advantage.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

The Aprilia is.

The best motorcycle on the Superbike field the works bike Yamaha aren't far behind.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices