Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double

Carlos Checa rounded off a perfect weekend at Phillip Island with victory in race two to take home a maximum of 50 points and the World championship lead. Nobody was able to keep pace with Checa once he took the lead a few laps in, and he soon pulled away from the chasing pack. Max Biaggi again finished second, after a long...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 February 2011 09:57)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Glad to hear you race Sean Foley

Perhaps you'll know some things about getting around a track then, or will learn in years to come.

There is fack all to the Gardner straight with the speed they fire themselves out of the final turn in 4th. I've never raced P.I but have a few mates that have and I did manage to attend a GP there in 2002 - a fantastic circuit. Whilst it's plain to see, that yes, Biaggi did have a small speed advantage you've got to know how to use it and Biaagi certainly does. He's excellent on the anchors. How many times did Melandri stuff it inside him into Honda and MG the two slow corners? None by my reckoning. You could see Melandri thinking about taking Biaggi back into Doohan but he never did. Your argument about the Aprilia being so superior to anything else holds as much water as those snivelling Stoner detractors when talking about 2007 and the GP7.

Look Melandri rode a very good race and impressed me enough to now think he might feature this year. About time he got over his fragile mentality issues.

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

agree w/sean

,,it wasn't a small horsepower advantage,, it was embarassing. Biagi didn't even need any help from the draft, Still,, Melandri suprised me how hard he was riding even when he knew that he had nothing up top. Nostro,, I think you'll see at the horsepower track Monza that the 4 fist bikes will be Aprilia's and BMW's,, then a long way back,, Yamaha's.

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

agree w/sean

,,it wasn't a small horsepower advantage,, it was embarassing. Biagi didn't even need any help from the draft, Still,, Melandri suprised me how hard he was riding even when he knew that he had nothing up top. Nostro,, I think you'll see at the horsepower track Monza that the 4 fist bikes will be Aprilia's and BMW's,, then a long way back,, Yamaha's.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

Great Racing !!

Looks like a great season ahead.  Anything can, and probably will, happen.

Reply to this Topic
keith24

Jul 04

keith24 says:

Checas good but

Not that good ... how boring was that !     its about time Ducati stopped cheating all they are going to do is ruin the sport ... if they won't go to 1000cc like everyone else then ban them .. they have a 1000cc 4 road bike use that !

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

yeah !

it's about time them cheating ducati's with there slowest top speed's packed it in let all them faster bikes win! OH I FORGOT RACING'S ABOUT GOING ROUND CORNERS ;)

Reply to this Topic
Spengler

Feb 11

Spengler says:

SeanFoley77

3 to 5 times? An estimate on your part perhaps.  I counted twice and once on the exit from the Honda hairpin after Max messed up his drive on the way out, that was all.  How many people did Biaggi pass in to MG after he'd fluffed his start in race2? Presumably using his unfair speed advantage to pass people through one of the slowest turns on the track? Watch the race again and let us know. Melandri surely doing the same when ever he passed anybody that had a bike slower than his?! Likewise Haslam, Corser, Laverty etc etc etc... Are you guys serious?!

In the interests of absolute fairnes then, nobody should have a been allowed to race on a bike that was faster than Checa's?

If Aprilia have made an engine, within the rules, that's better than everybody else's, then the other factories simply have to up their game and stop moaning about it.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Biaggi

SF77.. no he did not attempt to pass anywhere else!!!
Would you if you could do it on the straight???
Melandri rode a brilliant race but so did Biaggi.
He has made that bike what it is with the help of his team and deserves all the success he gets!

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Labouring the point a bit....

...happens all the time in racing.Facts of the matter are (as has been said) Aprilia have built a fantastic bike and Biaggi rides the wheels off it,its up to the other teams to step up. Checa certainly made that wheezy old twin go round there fast though eh! Phillip Island is a top track - spectacular!

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

AN ALTERNATIVE VIEW - 2...

Q.) Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)
A.) Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q.) Can I bring cutlery into Australia? (UK)
A.) Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q.) Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
A.) Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Kings Cross, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q.) Can I wear high heels in Australia? (UK)
A.) You are a British politician, right?

Q.) Are there supermarkets in Sydney and is milk available all year round?(Germany)
A.) No, we are a peaceful civilisation of vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q.) Please send a list of all doctors in Australia who can dispense rattlesnake serum. (USA)
A.) Rattlesnakes live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from. All Australian snakes are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make good pets.

Q.) I have a question about a famous animal in Australia, but I forget its name. It's a kind of bear and lives in trees. (USA)
A.) It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them. You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q.) Do you have perfume in Australia? (France)
A.) No, WE don't stink.

Q.) I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Australia? (USA)
A.) Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q.) Can you tell me the regions in Tasmania where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy)
A.) Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q.) Do you celebrate Christmas in Australia? (France)
A.) Only at Christmas.

Q.) I was in Australia in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Kings Cross. Can you help? (USA)
A.) Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q.) Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)
A.) Yes, but you'll have to learn it first.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices