Skip to content

Discuss This Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Phillip Island WSB: Checa does the double

Carlos Checa rounded off a perfect weekend at Phillip Island with victory in race two to take home a maximum of 50 points and the World championship lead. Nobody was able to keep pace with Checa once he took the lead a few laps in, and he soon pulled away from the chasing pack. Max Biaggi again finished second, after a long...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 February 2011 09:57)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

AN ALTERNATIVE VIEW 1 ...

Crikey! I attract controversy without even trying, so giving WSBK a miss this time around as you guys are all hard at it and each other anyway without me - HOWEVER - did anyone notice the Circuit and environs? Did it snow? Did it rain? Did the tarseal melt? Did the Island's Penguin colony rise up like Libyans and invade the corporate hospitality boxes? Were Great Whites beaching themselves to try and make off back out to sea with any riders or specatators? Was Phillip Island just superb - like always? Just for that clown Carmelo Ezpeleta who wants to stuff-up Australia's set-in-stone international sports fixture list - OR - drop Phillip Island from the Calendar in 2012 - here are some queries about Australia from people of like-inteligence to his. Enjoy ...

Stupid Questions About Australia
The questions below about Australia are from potential visitors. They were posted on an Australian Tourism Website and the answers are the actual responses by the website officials …

Q.) Does it ever get windy in Australia? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? (UK).
A.) We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

Q.) Will I be able to see kangaroos in the street? (USA)
A.) Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q.) I want to walk from Perth to Sydney - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
A.) Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q.) Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Australia? (Sweden)
A.) So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q.) Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Australia? Can you send me a list of them in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Hervey Bay? (UK)
A.) What did your last slave die of?

Q.) Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Australia? (USA)
A.) A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Aus-tra-lia is that big island in the middle of the Pacific which does not... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Kings Cross. Come naked.

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Thanks...

...for the Tuesday morning amusement - actually spat my morning cuppa out at one point :o)

In answer to your question,Phillip Island was just superb as always,it didn`t rain,it didn`t snow and riders weren`t getting blown sideways across the track everytime their front wheel left the ground.The posters on here who used the word boring,cheating and unfair must have been either watching something else by mistake, or were just peeved that their fave riders didnt win. I thought it was great!!

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

I said ,you said she said.

Good to see every one  has an opinion then . Great racing i thought .  If you thought that was boring you must be totally pissed off when watchin a GP procession. But hopefully that will change at worst 2012. Great ride from Melandri and Laverty , unfornunate he went off but still competitive.  Hope the season continues at this level , It,s obvious it,s could be anyones day on their day. Cheers AQUARIUS for the laughs. You can,t fool me tho that was CARMELO,s question about the drop bears right?? I hope he uses  the tourism authority advise on that before he attends P I for this years GP.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Funny

Nice one Aquarius, it also made me nearly choke on my cuppa,

The unfair speed advantage thing made me chortle too. The "well I'm 17 and race an R6" sounds like a lad I knew 20yrs who had an FZR6 and thought that made him the finished article. This lad did it an  actual room with actual people who were "Streetfighter" mag types, and drunk. God I feel old.

Perhaps Biaggi's unfair advantage is because his tyres are rounder and have been sprinkled with unicorn horn.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Unfair? How?

Jeez...some of us have raced longer than that kid's been alive.

Sorry dude.  Aprilia played by the same rules and got more specific HP out of their bike than anyone else.  Sounds like Aprilia did a better job than the others.  Perhaps it's unfair that the Aprilia engineers are more intelligent?

Also, you need to consider that perhaps Biaggi's later apex and higher corner exit speed had a lot more to do with getting a better drive that allowed him to blow past Melandri.

No reason Melandri can't reach those same speeds with a little more room since his line choice wasn't as good where it needed to be.

Was a good fight though.  I actually had Marco written off.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Who Give a F**k !

The sun moght not be shining and the temperture is still low

BUT

HEY

WHEN YOU CAN WATCH RACING LIKE THIS WHO CARES

Brilliant riding all round

Excepting tosser of course !

Reply to this Topic
guyincognito

Oct 08

guyincognito says:

1200cc

Cheating ducati win again!!

Reply to this Topic
Halitosis

Jun 10

Halitosis says:

Another moron surfaces ...

We seem to attract a new foul-mouthed moron about once every 3-4 months. Thankfully, most of them get bored ( short attention spans you see ) and move on. Thank Christ !!! The latest is this SeanFoley77 creature. It would be interesting to see how he behaves and his use of really BAD bad language should he ever get upset about something that actually really matters. But is he upset or does he just talk and write like that ordinarily? How long since you were last in strife with the Cops or the Law, Sean? Do a bit of reading and try to expand your vocabulary to a bit more than 4-letter words and names. Keep it up and you're not long for MCN or this forum anyway. Make a big effort to clean-up your act and and we'll all say, All the very best to you, Champ. And just cuz ( because ) you claim to be"  young "  ( your brain seems to be around about 4 to 5 years of age in development ) isn't an excuse to be a grunting, swearing ignorant jerk, OK? As to you knowing more than any of the rest of us - now we all know you are just another dreamer and fantasist and just making an absolute pillock of yourself. Champ, it's like a Baboon going on Mastermind. Try and stay out of trouble for a while and being a pain in the arse to your family. There's a good boy.

Reply to this Topic
Defiant1

Aug 09

Defiant1 says:

Hear Hear Halitosis

This baboon ( sorry, buffoon ) could turn out to be the unwanted love child of David Cameron's third cousin. You know - the black sheep of the family who was born and educated in a disused tin mine deep down in the coast of Cornwall. A Gollum who walks and talks.

Reply to this Topic
sashadog

Mar 10

sashadog says:

Steady on

now,,,,he does talk Shite but theres no need to be getting too Personell,,everyones entitled to there opinion/view weather it s right or wrong...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle