Skip to content

Discuss This New Aprilia Caponord 1200 spied New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Aprilia Caponord 1200 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Aprilia Caponord 1200 spied

Aprilia’s new 1200cc V-twin Caponord has been spotted testing on the road in Italy as the firm prepares to take on the road adventure market and its leading exponent, the Ducati Multistrada. Italian magazine Motociclismo scooped this grainy image of the bike and shared it with MCN. The Caponord is thought to be a prototype of a 2012 bike undergoing final testing....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 February 2011 17:28)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

Shame.

From the same people who brought us the iconic Mille, Tuono, RSV4? The new Multistrada is exceptional - really love the looks, this seems to be a step back in the design stakes for Aprilia - Can't see who'd buy one over Ducati, BMW, Triumph etc.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Brilliant

HAVADINGDONG's comment should be sent to the editors of every Motorcycle Mag on the market!!

Reply to this Topic
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

havadingdong what are you on?

Isn't this site supposed to be about new bikes? That's why it's called Motorcycle NEWS isn't it?

Surely a new bike is just that...NEWS.

Maybe I got that wrong. Or maybe you are a bit of a tit...

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

It'll be nice when its finished!

The old Caponord looked better than this, and it looks like its chain drive when everyone else is going down the shaft drive route with new adventure bike (Triumphs new 1200, BMW etc) Hope those aren't the final exhaust cans coz they look like they have been made from scrap! My local dealer has given up on Aprilia coz they reckon they are not good to deal with so now no dealers near me!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

CAPONORD......2012

Reading some comments on here, i can see there is some consternation over this new design.

I agree,however,its not the best photo in the world and its in prototype format at this present time.

Still,i would have thought,from someone like APRILIA,they would have had a far better design even at this stage, than this,DOSODURO parts bin special.

The Ducati Multistrada hasn't much to worry about at this time,but like i say things can change.

The exhaust,they can't be serious(can they?),and those panniers.......

Keep at it APRILIA,you'll get there.......

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Groooo!!!

The Bike Industry has been going downhill ever since the self-imposed phase out of two strokes. This shonker is typical of yet another attempt to present something 'exciting'.

Reply to this Topic
havadingdong

Jul 10

havadingdong says:

@ Pearsonsnozza

Thank you for your personal comments. You are the BEST!

Reply to this Topic
eugener

Jan 05

eugener says:

Give it time...

This is one grainy 'spy-shot' Personally, a 1200 Dorsoduro (read 'punchy, sporty, v-Twin, growling supermoto') with a comfy seat, wind protection and the ability to carry a top-box and luggage sounds pretty good to me. I have to ride something upright 'cause of my back and have a 50 mile commute each day, so the above description is pretty much my perfect bike - in much the same bracket as a KTM 990SMT Give it time - I bet it'll look great when it's ready (and without the panniers - which, though useful, make any bike look crap)

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Victor Meldrews.....again

I just dont get the criticism on this site sometimes......new bike?? is that not news? to be reported on by journalists in this industry? FFS lads... why are you on the internet?

Parts bin special? not really, its called intelligent manufacturing gents, Manufacturers in every industry will use crossover parts, that means they spend less on development and testing, thus improving their profit margins, from what i can see the only major crossover is the motor, same as honda do, triumph do etc..

If you dont want to read about new bikes, then dont log on.....simple.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices