You are in... Forums > General > General > Failed Part 2

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

Failed Part 2

Just sat my part 2 and failed my part 2 which I feel a bit hard done by!

Have been riding my YZF r125 for coming up to 2 years and have 10 years car driving experience before that. Never had a lesson as have gone for the try it and see approach.  Part 1 was fine, 1 minor for not checking for additional traffic on the closed centre whilst doing figures of eight!

Got 6 errors, 2 of which were put down as majors so out and out fail. First was for being in the wrong lane at a round about. As the highway code states if the exit is past 12 o'clock use the right hand lane, as the straight on was at about 2 o'clock I went for the right lane. First major!

The second was for speeding! The max I remember doing was 32mph. Given the error of 10% I thought this was a bit picky!

Oh well time to put in for it again and splash the cash. Reminds me of my first car test, failed for provoking a pedestrian (making a jogger run across a crossing!) any excuse!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 March 2011 18:05)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Failed Part 2

I did a 2 day DAS before the tests changed after riding on a 125 for 2 years.

I learned more in those 2 days than I had in the 2 years on my own. Get some tuition, even if you don't need it to pass your MOD 2 you will be a better rider because of it.

Reply to this Topic
sad500

Dec 07

sad500 says:

Training

You must get some training. Even if its just a couple of hrs with an instructor it will help you no end.

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Part 2

TW,

I don't know a dam thing about the Part 2 but DarkR seams to have the right idea and a large part of motorcycling is training. Better to learn from an instructor rather than screw yourself up?

Either way have fun - ride safe. 

Reply to this Topic
Mannakin

Sep 10

Mannakin says:

booked

Got my DAS1/2 booked for the 4th April and a training day on the 3rd. Had some previous lessons on the bigger bike so hopefully I can pass.

I failed my DAS 1 for a foot down during the u-turn a month or so ago. (This is after 20 practice runs where I did it perfect.....grrr). Everything else was fine, 57 kph on the swerve and emergency stop, all observations etc.

Get some training and good luck with the next go :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

test

I wouldn't mind a bit of training but the lack of time and money seems to be the limiting factor at the moment! I have been needing to take annual leave to sit my pat 1 and 2 as they don't seem to run at the weekends and lessons are so expensive!

Good luck with the part 1, the U-turn is definately the hardest part, especially on a larger bike or with fairings. My bikes turing circle is pretty poor!

Reply to this Topic
Sabrinus Hic

Jul 08

Sabrinus Hic says:

Part 2

Know the feeling all 2 well, was biking for years then they introduced the 250cc bike test and what a mess I made of it.

As the other say, even one day out with an instructor is well worth it, check out the Riding centre in Taplow near Maidenhead. They do all kinds of leaner stuff at all levels, and not far from where you are (Am guessing, team Windsor)

Sabi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

What training?

In my day you bought your RD250, slapped on some L-Plates and off you went.  Training, what was that?  We learnt as we went and I had a great time.  I KNOW things are more sensible now and new riders have to do proper courses and we are all encouraged to wear proper kit but I am so glad I started my biking days in the late 70's. 

MM

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

training

@sabi
Sorry my tag is misleading, am actually from Scotland and the local centres are quite expensive even on your own insurred bike.

Will see when I next get a test date and potentially fit in a lesson before hand, funds permitting. Given the waiting list is 8weeks+ and the last 3 times they have been cancelled on the day due to ice I have some time to get tuition. Hopefully with improving weather the wait will come down though as by CBT expiry date is looming!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices