Skip to content

Discuss This BMW G650GS first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > BMW G650GS first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

BMW G650GS first ride

MCN’s Steve Farrell is currently at the launch of the new BMW G650GS in Portugal, on a Paris-Dakar style adventure being led by Simon Pavey, six times Dakar finisher. Here are his first impressions of the bike which he’s been riding on and off road. “The new engine pulls from virtually no rpm, which is very useful and forgiving off-road. On...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 March 2011 12:32)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chandler93

Mar 11

Chandler93 says:

New Rules

"but this is a 48bhp single, made to comply with the rule changes for new riders limiting them to 48bhp instead of 33bhp."

What rule changes are these?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

im also very interested... what rule changes? Why haven't I alreasy heard of this??

Reply to this Topic
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

This is

the proposals. Not agreed as law yet, but I bet it will be soon.

www.mcita.co.uk/downloads_temp/c8ccd17d-8c36-46b6-9a15-61022623b267_Imported_File.PDF

Reply to this Topic
blackspot

Sep 10

blackspot says:

if anyone wondered is it possible to make an uglier front end of the bike than on f800/1200GS, here`s the proof that it actually is :-D

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I quite like this little Beemer.

As for those new rules: when I first read it, I thought this is just madness. I passed my test at 17, back in the days when it was just one test and then away you go on any bike of any size. In those days I couldn't afford a big bike so stuck with smaller ones after passing my test for years and at the age of about 25 bought my first 750. So in reality the new rules aren't that much different to what I had to do back then. Although cost was the deciding factor back then and not legislation. Maybe some things don't really change?

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Let's hope..

they can keep the price down...I saw somewhere just under 7000 euros, a little pricy for me but if its closer to £5.5k I'd be seriously tempted. As for the styling, I like it. A much needed update from the F650GS with its horribly dated headlight and styling.

Reply to this Topic
Slowthing

Mar 11

Slowthing says:

GS650G

Basic price (no extras) will be £5285.

Reply to this Topic
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

G650GS - yes please!

If that price is correct , I think I'm going to buy one.

I haven't owned a bike for 8 years, since I  gave my much loved 1989 FZR600 to my uncle who has refurbished it and rides it daily ! I've been busy with parenting and work and now need a ride again! 

I no longer fancy blasting round on a "crotch rocket". Something upright and "safe" like this is ideal. In my opinion the treatment of the exhausts / seat area is pretty smart and I think it hence looks better than the it's big brother the twin F650 GS .

With the price of fuel likely to go higher, something economical is important.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices