Skip to content

Discuss This Are you young? Would you buy a Kawasaki W800? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Are you young? Would you buy a Kawasaki W800?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Are you young? Would you buy a Kawasaki W800?

Kawasaki has revealed they expect their new W800 retro to attract younger buyers. Kawasaki's Martin Lambert told MCN that, surprisingly, their research showed the Triumph Bonneville-rival would be popular with under 30s as well as older classic fans. The research has been backed up by experience, said Lambert: "I've spoken the Kawasaki UK field sales team to get a flavour of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 March 2011 17:29)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
13amz08

Feb 10

13amz08 says:

Nope

I'm 19 and it's not that i don't like the look of the bike, I do, but I wouldn't buy one for myself.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

W800.......Great!!!

I like this bike.:biggrin:

The 650 had that sixties,retro look,best of the Japanese bikes for that and this is just a bigger bored out version.

I just HOPE,that the quality is up to the job as we all know what Jap chrome,fit / finish can be like.:unsure:

The bevel driven cam's isn't anything new but should be more reliable than chain.

Just wish the price was retro also.......

Would i buy one,as a second bike yes!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
davemolly

May 05

davemolly says:

Am I young?

I'm 33, so not sure if my opinion counts but I certainly wouldn't have one. maybe in 20 or 30 years......

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Nope

I'm a sportsbike guy, through & through.

Reply to this Topic
whitmore6

Jul 10

whitmore6 says:

No

I'm 18 and no! Wouldn't want to be seen on any bike like this... sports and tourers are the way forwards, if manufacturers want to target younger people, style and affordability is the way

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

Nope

Im 17 and have a full liscense, young people are either posers, so they want harleys or sometimes shiney sportsbikes, or they are idiot riders who want to wheelie everywhere and make loads of noise, anyone else under 25 not in those categories is the minority, i am the latter, and its not a bike for under 50 year olds...

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Dunno

I'm not young and as the motorcycle market in the UK isn't either, who cares what the young think...? They'll have what they're told and like it, or else we should put them in the Army to teach 'em some discipline and respect for their elders and betters. Bah! Humbug! These bikes are bought by people, not social delineation. In fact, as with many other categories of bikes, the purchase of the bike IS the delineation, not the age, sex or inclination of the user handing over the sponduliks. If Kawasaki want these bike to be bought by the young, then they should make them cheaper, make them `new license` acceptable, and frankly make them cool. It can be done. But I don't see that Martin is batting on anything other than a sticky wicket* on this one... *Cricket analogy to immediately alienate da yoof element, innit...:)

Reply to this Topic
JacquesWood

Nov 10

JacquesWood says:

Maybe

I'm 21, If I could've afforded it as a first bike and build it into a cafe-racer I'd of jumped at the chance. I love the retro styling, I'm certainly interested in riding one, if the engine was a triple or a four I'd probably be in the showroom now, I want something different, and this could well be that. But I'll leave my judgement until I ride it,

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

I'm 49 and there's absolutely no way that I would ever buy this bike, it's ugly and has wire wheels.

I absolutely despise wire wheels. Then there's the list price, it's far too high.

Post 2009 cast wheel Bonnie for me if I was going down the retro parallel twin route, but I reckon there's much better value to be had in an ER-6N.

The ER-6N can be picked up brand new in candy burnt orange for £4200 with 0% finance.

Loverly.

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

does this mean

the UK gets an ugly green tank with a large non retro kawasaki written on it while others get a retro silver badge and retro rubber knee pads  like in the vid??????

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices