Skip to content

KAWASAKI Are you young? Would you buy a Kawasaki W800? W800

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > W800 > Are you young? Would you buy a Kawasaki W800?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Are you young? Would you buy a Kawasaki W800?

Kawasaki has revealed they expect their new W800 retro to attract younger buyers. Kawasaki's Martin Lambert told MCN that, surprisingly, their research showed the Triumph Bonneville-rival would be popular with under 30s as well as older classic fans. The research has been backed up by experience, said Lambert: "I've spoken the Kawasaki UK field sales team to get a flavour of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 March 2011 17:29)

Post a message in W800

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I think I still fit into that catagory, and as much as I do like the style I personally would not own one at this age if i could afford multiple bikes then yes but I cant so I buy bikes that are good at distance comfort speed and most importantly fun. The top of my list to what I want when I can afford one is a street triple r. Though if i had the money then yes certainly I would own one

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Spot On!

With the global trend towards retro, this bike is perfect. There are so many younger people who want bikes, but not the plastic race reps many of us crave. Speed isn't important to these people. Style is. And the kwaka is spot on. It may be inferior to the bonnie on fit and finish (and I'm not sure it is) but as a styling exercise, it beats the bonnie hands down. Rock on kawasaki. Great job.

Reply to this Topic
Phaelok

Jul 10

Phaelok says:

I'm 21 years of age

I'm 21 and I was at the Kawasaki launch in bristol, when the ZX-10R, Z100SX, Z750R and W800 was revealed. The only people crowded round the W800 and sitting on it were old people. It didn't receive much attention apart from that. All the younger riders were looking at the Z750R, a very different and more modern machine.

If you're one of those 'stylish' people that carries a man-bag or whatever they're called, then you might be interested in this. But I'm a down to earth, jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, and this bike doesn't appeal to me at all. I sniggered at it when I saw it in the kawasaki launch - no banana on this one.

Reply to this Topic
gjames06

Nov 02

gjames06 says:

I'm 54 years young but I wouldn't buy this. Triumph or Norton would be first choice.

Kawasaki would sell shedloads of Z1 retro bikes. I would have one of those tomorrow!

Until then I'll stick with my Street Triple.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

I'm 45 years young so ...

I'm not likely to buy one but if the new European 50HP limits for young riders come in bikes like this could be more popular than restricted sports bikes. (Although a new CB500 tyope bike would also be a good choice). However I prefer the Moto Guzzi 750s...

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Triumph

I'm 22 and love the retro bikes, particularly the triumph and ducati ranges. I like the looks of this bike but it just doesn't have that extra bit that triumph offer, both in terms of performance and aura (call me a patriot...). I'm with Ovski, you might as well get the real deal and Triumphs has managed to keep the best bits of their classic range while updating the mechanics to modern day standards, the only classic Kawasaki I'd be likely to go for would be an old triple...mostly for the sound...

Reply to this Topic
Abstract rude

Aug 08

I'm 19

Got a full licence and would avoid that at all costs, it's ugly, it looks heavy, it looks old, the harley davidson idea of selling yesterdays products at tomorrows prices will not work for a firm known for it's iconic ninja, if a young person goes kawasaki that will be why.

Reply to this Topic
Oliebloke

Dec 05

Oliebloke says:

More confused by the video

I'm 27 and would buy that bike as a secondary bike not one for blasting around on, then again I like the look of retro bikes.

However that video has completely confused me? I know the Japenese have a different way of looking at things but why cabbage picking as a route to true love surely thats more backache and gas???

Reply to this Topic
minivin

Dec 02

minivin says:

I'm 28, have five classic motorcycles (two Vincent HRD's, HD MT350, CCM MT500 and a Honda CM200TB), and the first thing I think is "that tank, it looks Harley 883 Sporster" due to the colour scheme. I've owned a Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic, purely as it's the closest you'll get to a retro that is nearly a reincarnation, but this just doesn't grab me......... it will appeal with older people who wondered about the W650 previously I reckon....

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

no thanks

will take 2 jap bird's please thanks lol the bike's is horrible rode one and its just one of those half hearted bikes and doesn't look that great ether

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices