Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Diavel v Yamaha Vmax – who’s the daddy? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ducati Diavel v Yamaha Vmax – who’s the daddy?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati Diavel v Yamaha Vmax – who’s the daddy?

In next week’s MCN we’re pitting Ducati’s hugely impressive new Ducati Diavel power cruiser against the established king of the heap (at least in a straight line), Yamaha’s awesome VMax. One of the key questions is: which is quickest? To find out we datalogged both machines in a 0-120mph sprint but predicting a winner wasn’t easy. At 194bhp and 310kg, the Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 March 2011 17:16)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Daddy ?

One costs £ 22000.00 and only reaches 143mph , less than a vincent from the fifties. The other will break.

Reply to this Topic
toshibaz

Mar 10

toshibaz says:

Hihihihihi......like the comment...snev

Reply to this Topic
shane3003

Nov 10

shane3003 says:

143mph?

You talking about the VMAX doing 143mph, because it does a little more than that

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

At 310Kg it needs to be 194bhp!  lol  The Ducati is light and goes rounds bends like a sports bike.  I like it... I always loved the VMax but I think it lacks a little class in 2010/11..

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

how about putting the bking in there as well

depends what bike can get its power down on the tarmac the extra weight on the vmax might help do this but I would like to see the ducati win which is a surprise considering I don't really like ducati's at all. Should put the 3 weird bikes together the bking vmax and ducati since no one is 100% where each bike fits in and would be fun to see

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

V MAX V'S DIAVEL

Hard too tell WHO would ACTUALLY win this contest as weight/power ratios of each bike is diff!! The Yamaha V Max should have been given an un-restricted engine,or at least it should have been churning out a true 200bhp at the rear wheel or 220-250 att he crank and it should have had a bigger rear tyre,as well as a dramatic weight reduction plan,especially for the over blown price you have too pay for being able to own one. The Diavel,don't like the name,bad news this is,too much happening around front end of bike,cluttered. Seventeen hundred cc's 200ps 314kgs....... Twelve hundred cc's 162ps 207 kgs .......

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

easy

Thats easy, it doesn't hang on 0,1 sec with one wins.

The V-Max = a V-max, its something realy special, its not a tenere parralel twin or simple L twin with are used in almost every bike they make.

The DADDY is the V-MAX. the diavel its little cousin he doesn't like.

Reply to this Topic
JamesQGM

Feb 10

JamesQGM says:

143mph

Yamaha restricted it in case the wheels fell off

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

So its the........

Erm..........  Busa Thats still the Daddy then,,,,,,,, And half the price of the Yam. And more usefull all year round than the Diavel. Not to mention the 0-60 or the 0-100 or the Standing Quarter or the top speed (restricted) of 186. Oh and yes MCN did Actually test it against the S1000RR and it only lost in the top speed test  ( cuz its restricted Der!!!!! )  so Who is the Daddy ??????

Reply to this Topic
shane3003

Nov 10

shane3003 says:

Well I was lucky to get to use Yamaha's Press Vmax for a few days and it did a bit more than 143mph, I din't know they was restricted. I was very surprised at how it did handle round bends to be honest. Yes it was no sportsbike but pretty damn good for what it is. I think the high price tag is a good think on the bike, it makes it more exclusive.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices