Skip to content

Discuss This Return of the 'real bike'? Motus MST-01 revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Return of the 'real bike'? Motus MST-01 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Return of the 'real bike'? Motus MST-01 revealed

New US bike firm Motus has at last revealed its brutal new sports tourer, the MST-01. Its Corvette-aping pushrod-operated 1650cc transverse V4 puts out 160bhp but despite that impressive peak Motus claim it’s tuned not for power but real roads, real revs grunt that promises to leave rivals feeling weedy. And before you say it’s ugly, remember it’s up against Honda’s VFR1200. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 March 2011 17:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SiBorg7of7

Oct 05

SiBorg7of7 says:

Eh?

So is it a V4 or a V-twin?  Make you mind up mate (or get yourself a proof reader)!

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Look at the picture its a V4.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

daveire

What Siborg7of7 was saying was yet again MCN have got their facts wrong read their description and you will see they say its a v twin .

Reply to this Topic
crash2009

Feb 11

crash2009 says:

engine statement

it is a v4 "Its Corvette-aping pushrod-operated 1650cc transverse V4 puts ..."

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

OMG

at last somebody in America can actually use their imagination and produce an engine other than a V Twin. Oh and look .....its not a chopper . Jeeeeees whatever next ? Good handling ? corner clearance ? reliability?

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

V4

Now that looks great. A BIG CC, Lowish revving V4 bike engine, putting out plenty of TORQUE. I'd love to try one out.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Sounds like a beast. Hope it comes over here (UK).

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

It's not transverse either, it's longitudinal, as in crankshaft inline with the longitudinal plane of the vehicle, most Japanese fours are transverse. Looks interesting, rather large engine, to suit American tastes I presume! I'm sure I've seen this mentioned elsewhere months ago, and seen that vid before......

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Good start, but lots more work ahead

It's always nice to see new bike manufacturers pop up from time to time. But seeing Motus was a big surprise, since sport touring bikes are a tiny segment of the US market. Actually people sport touring more in Europe than in the US. In the US, Cruisers are big, followed by dirt bikes and real sport bikes.

Far more demanding than the cruiser riders in the US, the Sport Touring crowd really knows what they like. And this isn't it.

It could be, but needs a lot more work, fine tuning and polishing and actually redesigning their concept. I have shared my thoughts in this thread on my forum, in case anyone is interested.

http://bmwsuperbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15797#p107128

Reply to this Topic
racinjetford

Nov 05

racinjetford says:

SHIVA_

I don't think you could be more wrong. Sometimes people think there isn't a market for something because they don't realize the consumer just isn't interested in what's currently available in that segment... Some don't like (previous) sport tourers because they are fat, heavy pigs with I'll handling and no sporting value. Basically just no fun. This bike ticks all the boxes when it comes to the passions some of us have. First you have the sound, which is just like the Hot Rod my grandpa build and it's big block V-8. That scores some serious cool points, and will have a lot of American Riders feeling much more comfortable and familiar with this bike. It is beautiful to look at and familiar to those of us who love classic cars and looking under the hood at the eye candy at the car shows. The reasons the Harley market is so big is that we love to see a beautiful engine that is raw and classic. The slightly rough and mean personality of a loping engine with lots of uneven rough sounds like an old V-twin or cammed and carbed V-8 hot rod is very sexy next to a too smooth, too perfect, too high pitched sportbike I-4. We like what we call "character". Which is to say, imperfection that gives personality. Many of the little kids who are wow'd by the visceral experience of these machines grow up wanting a loud shiney Harley. ...It will handle a hell of a lot better than a V-rod or some other cruiser many people buy because sport tourers aren't cool enough. Theyre too buttoned up and not mean enough to fit the tough persona we want to project as a motorcyclist. And they aren't fun to ride! (It may as well be a Harley with all the weight they pack onto these things) It has electrical outlets for all the gear sport touring riders typically use. It has bags of torque. AND IT'S LIGHT! Theres not all sorts of useless crap packed into it to make it fatter and uglier. I would finally consider sport touring now that there is a bike being built that actually plans to deliver on the SPORT part of the title. The new Honda VFR1200, for example, is the big, fat, ugly bike that we have come to expect in the sport touring segment, and that is why sport tourers have not had much success. Too reminiscent of the weird folks we have seen on the two-wheeled-car the Goldwing.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices