Skip to content

Discuss This Rain disrupts Jerez Moto2/125 testing MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rain disrupts Jerez Moto2/125 testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rain disrupts Jerez Moto2/125 testing

After the recent three-day Estoril test was virtually washed out by persistent rain, hopes that the Moto2 and 125GP field would benefit from more favourable conditions in Jerez were quickly dashed today. The track had been open for less than two hours when rain started to fall on the Andalucian venue, curtailing any serious action as the majority of riders opted...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (04 March 2011 17:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

The rain in Spain ...

Falls mainly on Jerez and Estoril ( next door near Lisbon, Portugal ) . Perhaps Carmelo Ezpeleta and Dorna should give serious thought to abandoning these circuits and dropping them off the Calendar - unless they can guarantee dry conditions? After all - that's precisely the ultimatum given to Phillip Island. What's good for the Goose and all that ...

Reply to this Topic
Frankyspain

Jun 09

Frankyspain says:

Jerez,1 fab weekend

This is the Spanards most popular moto gp event. Thousands upon thousands attend.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

In that Aquarius

the British rounds would be fu*cked...

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Sorry, Chrisg011 ...

I was only being facetious/sarcastic. Didn't mean in the slightest to refect on the Rounds in good, old, damp Blighty at all. Dorna are being less than honest regarding Phillip Island and I couldn't resist another dig at them.

Frankyspain - keep a close eye on Jerez - especially for the GP Round in early April. As I have posted elsewhere, it is a fact that the circuit owners owe millions to suppliers etc and are the subject of a threatened Winding-up Order. Dorna are trying to put a positive spin on this - being a big earner for them and being in Spain etc etc - but if I was booked to go, I would have the situation covered with travel insurance - just in case.

One doesn't have to be a genius to work-out why Aragon got the nod for the next goodness-knows how many years. As well as being a superb circuit - it makes a very timely and high quality relacement for Jerez should it fall over. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Really.

The Aragon race circuit is head and shoulders above the other race circuits in Spain not saying they are bad they are good but the new circuit tops the list for me.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Jerez...

the best atmosphere bar none...

Beats Mugello and San Marino, pisses on Donington/silverstone, Le Mans is french so no chance, Brno has the 'hottest chicks' and germany decent beer but is too small. Valencia is a cramped pig of a track for the fans and barca has great facilties and atmos, but Jerez is heads and shoulders above all of them.

I havent seen Aragon or Estoril but would give my two front teeth to have seen MotoGP at Portimao Race track which looks to provide some of the best racing.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

oh

missed assen, havent been there yet either - damn it... thats for next year

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Best circuits in no particular order.

1 Phillip Island

2 Assen

3 Aragon

4 Mugello

5 Jerez

6 Misano

Portimao could make an entry once the contract with Estroil expires I hope.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices