Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CBR600F first ride preview First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Honda CBR600F first ride preview

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda CBR600F first ride preview

MCN’s Chief Road Tester Trevor Franklin has just arrived in Seville, Spain for the launch of Honda’s eagerly-anticipated new CBR600F. The new Honda middleweight not only revives the legendary CBR600F name, which was a UK best-seller, ruling the middleweight roost throughout the ‘90s, it looks set to deliver an equally attractive ‘real world’ blend of road sports performance, easy manners, practicality...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 March 2011 10:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mrmoses

Jan 08

mrmoses says:

Go Trevor!!

Never mind the first ride on the Honda, I believe chief road tester Trevor is cracking his first smile in this photo. If you look closely you can see it trying to break free of his stony expressionless chops! Go on Trevor! You can do it!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

nah, its wind!

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

LOOKS TASTY

It is a smart looking bike and probably one of the best middlewight sport machines bar none. Anyone stepping up from a 250/400 will surely fall in love with the extra oomph and the ease with which most Honda's can be ridden. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
bullpizzle

Nov 09

bullpizzle says:

Look of...

...love, surprise, fear, worry from drawing mud? Look carefully at the eyes - the red dots in place of pupils suggest there's nothing behind them. The bike looks a 1000 times better in comparison to the narwahl Franklin. Mind you, dog pooh trodden into the house carpet would.

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

How Many Years?

"The original CBR600F range lasted 29 years (1987-2006)"

I make that 19 Years MCN

Reply to this Topic
kith101

Sep 10

kith101 says:

fantastic

very interest

New Movie Trailer
HD Wallpapers

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Not Finished?

So if the Honda add on screen is better why not fit it from new? Rear hugger's should be fitted as standard because without one you knacker your shock tout sweet. As for an undertray making the bike look better - that kind of means it looks a bit crap without one. I for one am getting a tad irritated with manufacturers not fitting as standard items that in effect finish off the bike. We are now paying a lot of money for a partially complete bike so that we can be emptied of cash again after buying the machine. Can you imagine cars being sold in the same way? 'Here's your new set of keys but you might want to think about adding a windscreen sir.'

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

perfect

the honda range goes from strengh to strengh

this bike will be a big seller, owners will benefit from its versatility

new riders looking for a stepping stone to a full on sports versions this will be perfect and something that has been lacking in the market place

well done Honda

i also look forward to seeing crossrunner and cross tourer later in the year

in a time when bike sales are down i have to admit honda have all the answers

Reply to this Topic
ajacko

Jun 09

ajacko says:

Yeah, that's one way of looking at it. Or, a buyer might not have any need for a hugger (FWB), or not like the look of undertrays (me), the mini screens they get away with is a bit stingy but then if you're only 5'1" and have no need for a higher one why be made to pay more as Honda load the bike with all these extras as standard?

I like it, i'm pleased the model is making a return but I can't help but feel it's less of a CBR more of a 600Fornet..

Reply to this Topic
Snatt

Mar 08

Snatt says:

New CBR600F Pic

I've got a 2007 CBR600F6, and really like the look of the bike. However, this one at the front looks cheap - like a GSX600F. I know they have to build it down to a budget, but... not looking good so far, maybe it'll look better in the showroom ?

They have to get the comfort right, with the sporting nature, and the power, and the looks. Oh, reliability.., cost.

Fingers crossed, as Honda have produced quite a few cracking bikes in the past !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices