Skip to content

Discuss This Norton continuing MotoGP talks for 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Norton continuing MotoGP talks for 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Norton continuing MotoGP talks for 2012

Norton continues to be in regular contact with Dorna about a potential 2012 entry in the new 1000cc MotoGP class.But Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta said there was still no guarantee that the legendary British brand would be involved next season, confirming that Norton boss Stuart Garner had been in talks with Inmotec about taking over the Spanish-based V4 project, which...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 March 2011 15:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I wish Norton every success

But I really think they need to concentrate on making and selling road bikes for the time being. Learn to walk before you run etc.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Norton making a entry.

Would certainly spice up MotoGP like SuperMario says they need to focus on the road bikes rather then making a entry into MotoGP when the rules change in 2012.

Reply to this Topic
JacquesWood

Nov 10

JacquesWood says:

1000cc RC8?

When was the KTM RC8 ever a 1000cc? is it a sleeved/stroked down variant in mention?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Norton!

Well lets hope it all happens in 2012.
Got to say the road bikes are truely awesome to look at and seem to be very successful so far.
Bit on the expensive side though but there seems to be plenty of buyers from what I gather.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

is it April 1st already?

i do wish Norton well on the road bike front, but with only four companies on the planet that currently make a MotoGP engine, and accepting the rules are changing for next year, i'll eat my boots if there is a Norton powered bike on the grid in Qatar in 2012.  and i'm equally amazed by talk of a v-twin MotoGP engine, as that configuration is likely to struggle keeping up now in WSBK ...

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

im thinking

2012....norton enter moto gp......with british moto2 champion scott redding on board...

A year or so down the line im hoping we have a british champ, on a british bike.

Im also thinking how cool a rotary valve reliable engine would be on the track and on the roads...

Do i need to give myself a shake....lol

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Rotary Engine

Do the rules exclude rotary engines?

RE: Run before you can walk - racing can create credibility. If Norton were to invest in a race program with a special (rotary) engine early and do the reverse of Triumph, wouldn't they quickly garner leagions of fans waiting for a road going version of thier special...
I for one would LOVE to see Norton on the grid with something different to all the rest and even more want to own a road going rotary engined race derived Norton.

Or maybe I should just keep dreamin'

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

What?

This must be a joke , the bikes a pile of shit 60 years behind the times , I doubt it'll sell enough to pay the bills never mind pay for a GP bike to be researched and developed from the imhotep . All i can say is come on norton get yer head straight .Still ; theres no such thing as bad publicity

Reply to this Topic
jamesg75

Dec 05

jamesg75 says:

NO PLEASE DROP IT

Could Norton be in MotoGP in 2012 "No" not now not ever.

Please just leave the whole Norton comes back etc its crap and its been done to death pure sensationalism. This is the same garbage that every one is sick of with this paper "will Hopkins be in Moto GP next year" etc this paper must think its readers are "Special in the Head area". Just report things that have or will happen and that should be enough.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Please...

I would love to see Norton,and Triumph, get involved in MotoGP. Both manufacturers have wonderful storied histories and have a reputation for building fast and beautiful machines.

I would really crap my britches if Mat Mladin and Troy Bayless came out of retirement and entered the circus.

Hows that for wishing! (I'm really not joking - at least about Norton and Triumph anyway)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices