Skip to content

Products EXO Heated gloves Gloves

You are in... Forums > Products > Gloves > EXO Heated gloves

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

headoned

Jan 08

headoned says:

EXO Heated gloves

What’s good: They are warm surprisingly and don't take too long to heat up. They don't take long to set up either, it's just a simple cable from your battery to a cable that I normally put under my jacket. What’s Not: After a few weeks they stopped working and haven't since! They are also no good in really cold temperatures...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 March 2011 16:42)

Post a message in Gloves

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FastLaneFrank

Feb 11

EXO heated gloves

Had a pair for Xmas - worked a treat for a fortnight, then one failed. New pair sent (swiftly), this time with new fabric heating technology apparently. Result ?...

lousy - they take for ever to warm up and only seem to manage mild warming of the backs of the hand at best.

Reply to this Topic
Skyexplorer

Apr 12

Skyexplorer says:

EX02 Storm Shield Heated Gloves

Hi, I too have had the exact experience, although I have to say my Storm Shield gloves lasted a few months before the left glove stopped working. I tried swapping the cables round between gloves to check if a dud connection had occurred, but still the left glove did not work. This was the second pair - the first pair the right glove stopped working after a few months of moderate use, and after contacting EX02 directly, they sent me a brand new pair straight away.

Again, a few months later the left glove went wrong, and this time when I contacted EX02 they sent me the 'fab roc Storm Guard' version, (more expensive), which I believe is the one mentioned by FastLaneFrank. I agree with him, they barely heat up at all, and my little pinkies were numb on a cold April morning. Not so with the Storm Shield gloves, but they had stopped working!! I have contacted EX02 again, because not only do these new gloves not heat up, the right thumb has been stitched so that it is shorter, and squashes my thumb into the end of the glove, causing considerable discomfort (& distraction) when riding.

I have to say that until now their customer service has been excellent. They have always replaced the gloves quickly, (& and also my foot insoles which stopped working after a few months), the Storm Raider heated vest is still going after a year and two washes! But the gloves are becoming a real problem. Why can't EX02 fix this fault if it is obvious that several people are having the same problem?

I love the fact that they heat the back of the hands, and the Storm Shields do heat up to a nice temperature. They just need to be more reliable for longer.

Reply to this Topic
Bazz89

Feb 13

Bazz89 says:

EXO Gloves

My wife bought me a pair of these gloves for my birthday in December 2010 and I was very impressed, my hands were warmer in winter than in the summer, after the winter I put them away and used ordinary gloves to preserve the life of the electric. Next winter I started to use them again, soon the left hand glove failed, I emailed the manufacturer and they replaced them. The replacements never got as hot as the originals, put them away in the spring, used them again in the winter, left hand glove failed right hand glove only just working.
These things are fantastic when working, they are also fantastically bad value for money.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle