Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner predicts wide open title fight MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner predicts wide open title fight

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner predicts wide open title fight

Casey Stoner says he's expecting the 2011 MotoGP world championship fight to be a wide open contest.The Aussie has made an impressive switch to the Repsol Honda squad for the new season and he dominated the recent Sepang test in Malaysia.Honda has enjoyed a fantastic winter testing campaign with Dani Pedrosa, Andrea Dovizioso and Marco Simoncelli all posting fast and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 March 2011 13:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

stoner is just trying to take presure of himself at the end of the day and its not really working as going quickest in testing and then saying its wide open when he was almost a second quicker than everyone else apart from dani is a bit stupid

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Casey Right?

I too hope we see many more tight battles with a bit more variation of the protagonists. They say the same things every year I just hope this year Casey is right.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

CS not BS

I think he's just stating the obvious - its going to be wide open for the first few races as everyone beds in.

Hondas have proved in testing to be fast and consistent - and both AD/MS have the potential to be consistent prodium threats if not scoring a few race wins. Yamaha and Spies have the same potential (unless your Elbowz then Spies has already won and saved the planet). Duke and VR have yet to pull a rabbit from thier arse - but it will happen soon enough.

After the fly aways and come Mugello we should see whos going to be a consistent threat and who's not.

Reply to this Topic
topcat2002

Dec 08

topcat2002 says:

I pr dict its going to be a Honda year................................

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Too unpredictable.

What will happen in the final season of the 800s but I am excited as ever though the four aliens can welcome a new member to the club.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Come on Casey

Wide open, my arse !!!!!.He knows he is quick and will drag Dani with him. Sepang never been that great for Ducati though so will be interesting to see if there is any improvement in Vale / Nickys fortunes.

Reply to this Topic
Molehillbmx

Oct 09

Molehillbmx says:

Motogp 2011....

wander If there will actually be more than 2 exciting races this year!?? cuz i can only remember 2 half decent ones - WSB/WSS much better racing sorry to say + you get twice the fun in WSB with 2 races! BOOM BOOM!

f**k the racing in motogp - its all about whos got a boner over stoner, has Rossi got urgess for Burgess....

& Can someone please give Elblows a tissue as he seems to make a mess in his pants everytime Spies gets mentioned! dread to think what will happen if he actually wins a race next year or even wins the title!!!

Thankyou, Goodnight & much love

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Who Knows ? Fingers Crossed !

On paper it looks like the championship of all championships.Rossi on the Duke,Casey & Dani on the Hondas & Lorenzo & Spies on the Yam's.The reallity though could be Casey clearing off after a few laps to win every race.We just don't know & neither do the riders.

However I do know that Honda are throwing lots of money at there bikes this year & have two aliens,one of which was a world champion in this class.Yamaha has the raining world champion & the lose cannon that is Ben Spies,however with out a major sponsor how much money can they throw at it & for how long ? Ducati has a goat ! A gay goat if Stonerulz is to be beleived ! LOL.

Joking aside Rossi is the Goat ( Not gay ) & cannot be ruled out & Ducati will move heaven & earth so to speak to help him secure the championship.It would be a dream come true for them & him to win the championship.As for testing,it means very little,testing is not racing.I just hope the championship will be as good as it sounds.

P.S.  If you think Moto Gp is boring then why watch it ? It can be uneventfull on times but then it can also get you on the edge of your seat.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Motogp

Motogp has been a load of predictable crap since 2007, surely 2011 cant be as boring!!

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

State the obvious

Blimey Lorenzo99, Your jackanory is really interesting...Yawn...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices