Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner against extended Qatar MotoGP weekend MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner against extended Qatar MotoGP weekend

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner against extended Qatar MotoGP weekend

Casey Stoner says he is against the new format for the season opening night race in Qatar, with the schedule extended to four days for 2011.Five pratice sessions will take place on Thursday night including two for the 125 and Moto2 classes and one for MotoGP.MotoGP will then have its second and third practice sessions run over 45-minutes on Friday...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 March 2011 17:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Morons!!!

Casey is answering a direct question about what he thinks of the 4 day GP. Go and see the full interview on Crash.

Heaven forbid a rider should voice his own opinion rather than some carefully constructed answer like Jorge or the media's favourite, Valentino.

But top marks to MCN for making a story out of it a sucking all you simpletons in.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Shrill & panic - stricken ...

What geniuses we have posting here on MCN. Some big-brained jerk says, " The other riders may well have moaned but at least they had the good sense not to do it in front of a member of the press." Wow! What a pearl of wisdom? If you care to go over to crash.net you will see that Stoner's comments ( only a fragment of which is selectively quoted here by MCN ) are part of a wide-ranging interview with him ( with a member of THE PRESS - shock, horror! ) about life, love & the Universe and everything. Well, maybe not - but certainly a whole lot more than poxy Qatar and it's poxy Dorna-driven programme and start time. It doesn't matter if Stoner is atop the Podium or picking gravel out of his wonderful and oh-so-white teeth - the " haters " have to get their little dig and kick in to make themselves feel better. What's the matter, guys - getting a bit anxious about the way the season is shaping-up? Think that your infantile and totally unwarranted criticism of Stoner is going to make your preferred rider any better or faster? Stoner earned almost US$7 Million last year and is very probably the fastest and happiest motorcycle racer in the World right now - how is your lifestyle & income going? You are just a pathetic, ignorant and whinging bunch of losers. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - even a hopelessly misplaced one - but this is just mindless harrassment and denigration.

And I am STILL awaiting Matt Birt's response to my request of several weeks ago now that he ask Stoner directly what he ( Stoner ) thinks of Dorna's push to move the Phillip Island date or punt the circuit off the calendar. Ezpeleta has consistently invoked the name of the Rider's Safety Committee to support him in this but apart from a very casual and " in context of something else " very old remark from Valentino Rossi and a recent fawning " me too " from soon -to-be retired and looking for a job, Loris Capirossi - we haven't heard a peep from anyone else. To prove that Dorna's Ezpeleta really does have the 100% unanimous support of the actual competitors, that question HAS to be asked. Like Ecclestone and F1, Dorna is moving more and more towards financially rewarding ( for them ) Middle Eastern scenarios and tracks that play to Neville Nobody in terms of track-side spectators and just rely on the International TV audience. That's fine, insofar-as it goes racing in the dark and with drifting sand and cold/hot and unpredictable temps etc etc - but as anyone who follows both Series and knows - the drivers/riders and their Teams are NOT happy with this artifice at all and simply get-on with it because they have to. Stoner's comments only reflect this reality. It would be really nice if the some 20 morons who regularly post their ignorant dross here would just get a life, grow-up and get over Stoner's success. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

aquarius

are you stoners wife, rossi will be up for the extra practice anyway.

Reply to this Topic
coddy1972

Aug 06

coddy1972 says:

Bikes have arrived

The bikes arrived in Doha today. The shipping crates were at the airport this afternoon.

Evening temperatures are 17c. So should be there or there abouts for the race.

But there are demonstrations apparently organised for the 16th March, like some of the rest of the Arab countries. Don't think it will come to much here, as the locals get paid enough by the government, but you never know.

Reply to this Topic
coddy1972

Aug 06

coddy1972 says:

Aquarious.

I agree with you mate.

Im a Rossi fan, but sick to fucking death of reading arseholes on here slagging off any racer, Stoner or not.  1/2 the people doing it have probably never been to a race, never mind ridden on a track.

Any racer deserves repect for what they do.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

stacey moaner

nice one stacey moaner!

(haha, just did that to annoy aquarius)

ANY ONE ELSE THINK HE LOOKS LIKE THE MILKY BAR KID????????

(and again)

but on a seroius note (one octave higher , if your stoner)

he is a good rider and will no doubt win the champioship again one day , if not this year.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Aquarius

"You are just a pathetic, ignorant and whinging bunch of losers. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - even a hopelessly misplaced one - but this is just mindless harrassment and denigration."

Sorry mate but there is a huge case of the 'pot and kettle' in your statement.

Now before you get all mardy and jump on my back giving me the ohhh so old 'you dont know shit, and your a hater' scenario.  I have watched many 'live' races, done trackdays, do fast road riding, have a good technical knowledge and I am in fact going racing this year. I dont diss any one rider as I take my hat of to each and everyone of them out on that track.

So if everyone is 'entitled to an opinion' why do you have to dismiss every single comment that does not agree with what you think of Stoner??? And as for "this is just mindless harrassment and denigration".... Isn't that a bit rich coming from you when you are only to happy to knock Rossi if you think he has said or done anything out of line? And yeah it comes from you on most occasions.

"grow-up and get over Stoner's success"...............  Errrrrrr he never won a 125 GP Championship, in fact I think he finished 8th. And he never won a 250 championship, coming second to Pedrosa. He has won One World Championship in the MotoGP class, and has never properly mounted a solid attack on another one....... So come off it, yes he has had 'some' success, but no more than alot of other riders, and no where near the success and consistency (dare I say it for the incoming abuse) Rossi.

Now before you coil your spring up and unleash the biased that is Aquarius, that was not a dig on my behalf against Stoner.... It is just some facts that you should realise being his avid follower.  You shout off when people diss him. But do exactly the same to other riders when you dont like something....... Wind your neck in ffs.

Lets hope he doesnt go back to his old Honda days, when he thought crashing was for fun eh????

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Here here fuzzrr, personally I'm all for more time on track if we get to watch it. However it does seem fucking stupid that the riders are getting nearly as much time to prepare for one irrelevant night race as they are for the whole of the rest of the season and that makes fuck all sense to me... Good luck all riders at Qatar..

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

you all moan about what aquarius writes and i do wonder why.The easy answer is dont read what he has to say which is quite easy as his posts are so long i get bored after the second line.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

fuzzrr ...

If you think or believe for one millisecond that being the most desireable ( in a wanted by Teams kind of way ) and being a multi-millionaire ( US$7 Million last year - another year of Stoner-failure - snort, giggle - he has ONLY Won a World Championship and 23 x GP's ) is cause for deep depression - then you are a bigger wanker than you even display yourself to be here. Let's just remind you that in the past 4 years he has WON more GP's than anyone else. Obviously cause to slit his wrists because an expert like you says he is ordinary. Mate, I am sorry that shallow and soft little buggers like you can't stand or tolerate some constructive criticism or a few words. Boo Hooh - go and sign-up for the Army and see how you get on with some NCO shreiking in your mush and repeatedly giving you some verbal from 10 cm away. What a bunch of jelly-like hormonal school girls you all are - a joke. Grow-up and grow a pair, OK? I stand-up for Stoner because morons like you shower him with shit - instead of recognising the kid for what he is. I have NEVER knoocked Rossi. I have criticised him on occasion because he is, like you and me and everybody else guilty of being silly at times. Go thru my posts ( if you have a month or two ) ...Who I HAVE repeatedly knocked is dumb-arse know-alls that have " watched a few races, done a few track days and think they are FAST road riders and " think " they may do a few races " ... Sound familiar? The ones that simply and mindlessly worship Rossi and put everybody else down are a blight on the sport. What are they all going to do when the GOAT racks-off to do something else - root for Graham Norton? I guess this qualifies you to sit in judgement on people you don't know, have never met and are never likely to. This is just sad, Man.

And hugelean - Oh, I bet you REALLY get it over and scrape your knee and the footpegs and everything else - judging by your name.Is this on your Raleigh Chopper?  You are another jelly and can't post for yourself. You remind me of the guy in a street brawl. When its all over and the combatants are checking for any serious injury and wiping the blood & snot off - you are right where you ALWAYS were - hiding behind a lamp post and jumping up and down, waving your arms around and saying, " come on then, I'll give you one !". Big, brave guy, hugelean. By the way - get an eduaction by reading a bit more or getting spelling lessons - the saying is " hear - hear " - which is short for " hear him - hear him " . The way you spell it is that you are pointing to a spot and girlishly screaming - " the spider is HERE HERE! ". Oh you guys are just a worry. Pots & kettles, eh? As I said recently - most of you are playing Checkers - myself and a few others are playing Chess. You just don't get it - do you? Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices