Skip to content

Discuss This Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

A motorcyclist has been given a six-month suspended jail sentence for pulling a wheelie and speeding at 149mph on the M2 in Kent. Danny Bleach, 37, was filmed from an unmarked police motorcycle as he wheelied and reached over double the limit on the M2 bridge between Strood and Chatham. Bleach, from Belvedere, was ordered to do 200 hours’ unpaid work, banned...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 March 2011 10:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ariesfour

Feb 09

ariesfour says:

This biker deserves to get the book thrown at him for this sort of dangerous riding. But what is even more disgusting is the Leeds crown court case mentioned at the bottom of the article. Found not guilty of dangerous driving when two motocyclists were killed is criminal. Our hearts go out to the families of Mr Burns and Mr Walker.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Its behind you!

Speed, in its self, is not inherently dangerous. Pretty severe punishment for not using mirrors. 'Bout time someone came up with a helmet cam that worked and gave as good a rear view as is available from any car. A police motorcycle should be visible, a vibrating view of your elbows really isn't good enough in this day and age.

Reply to this Topic
bikerann

Sep 06

bikerann says:

biker

I think this biker was in full control, and also the unmarked police biker was encouraging him to speed, i know its a bit of showing off but that is what they encourage you to do.

Reply to this Topic
bikerann

Sep 06

bikerann says:

biker

I think this biker was in full control, and also the unmarked police biker was encouraging him to speed, i know its a bit of showing off but that is what they encourage you to do.

Reply to this Topic
bikerann

Sep 06

bikerann says:

biker

Reply to this Topic
bladesofglory

Mar 11

I'm slightly disturbed by the underlying suggestion in this article which is that if the woman who caused the accident that tragically killed 2 bikers can get away with it (?), surely its ok to be doing twice the speed limit and wheelying down the motorway? A ridiculous comparison which only serves to inflame anti police/authority attitudes. Surely MCN are not condoning his kind of riding?

Reply to this Topic
Victor9098

Jan 08

Victor9098 says:

Save it for a track day

Broke the law and there is the video to prove it! I do not think the police bike was encouraging him, never tried to overtake, always stayed behind him (which should have set alarm bells ringing). From what he saves on fuel over the next 18 months he can spend on a few track days when back in the saddle. Yes, we get punished harsh, but we need riders bringing appeals and turning the law on itself we need more guys like this: http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/belgium-you-got-to-love-lawyers.htm and less like the guy above!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ahh, the good old E U.

Its Legal in Germany on the Autobahn but in the uk, its an "Auto BAN"

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Blatantly illegal but not particularly dangerous (otherwise the police bike would have backed off)... the wheelie was just the icing on the cake... I see far more dangerous manoeuvres carried out by all sorts of road users everyday but because they don't involve speed it's deemed ok... it's a sick old society we live in I'm afraid.

Reply to this Topic
davemolly

May 05

davemolly says:

Time and place

If you ride like that in the middle of the day down a busy motorway, you deserve to get caught.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle