Skip to content

Discuss This Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

A motorcyclist has been given a six-month suspended jail sentence for pulling a wheelie and speeding at 149mph on the M2 in Kent. Danny Bleach, 37, was filmed from an unmarked police motorcycle as he wheelied and reached over double the limit on the M2 bridge between Strood and Chatham. Bleach, from Belvedere, was ordered to do 200 hours’ unpaid work, banned...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 March 2011 10:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

What Crime?

newstu, how can you compare someone who is going fast on a bike THEY own and some mofo who's niked a bike? Two completely unrelated examples. Also, this 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time' nonsense, why is going about one's business at their own pace a crime?

Why is it okay for the police officer to take his time in pulling over the motorcyclist? You wouldn't want an officer to take his time if someone was about to kill you, would you? "Officer help me, this blokes about to stab me"   "No No, i best wait, need to gather evidence see"

Speed limits are nothing more than a way for goverments to collect extra income when said speed limits are broken. When the 70mph limit was introduced it was meant to be a TEMPORARY measure. But then some arsehole in authority realised they could be onto a nice little earner if they kept the limit permanent.

There's now talk from the current goverment about raising the speed limit on motorways to 80mph. Surely that proves what a load of nonsense speed limits are. What's changed to make 80mph seem safe now?

Reply to this Topic
gusmacneil

Nov 05

gusmacneil says:

Clever tactics; prob no coincidence

I thought the officers tactics were quite clever. I think as soon as the following officer spotted the rider he probably got on the radio and asked if a marked car or bike was available. As the rider saw the marked bike in front he braked to 70 and psychologically was ready to slow down and stop. If the unmarked bike had went ahead, the rider could say that he was encouraged to go faster. Given that the unmarked bike was behind, if the following officer had just turned his lights on, the rider may have panicked and tried to run. I bet if help was not close to hand the officer would have pulled him asap and risked a high speed pursuit developing. As it was the rider was always traveling at the speed that he thought was fine. I'd hate to think what speed he'd be going if he was on the run! The disparity between car and bike sentencing is crazy though.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Bollox

Newstu....pull your head out of your arse, the police chase chav's in stolen cars and are told to back off in case they cause an accident, WHY SO FUCKING DIFFERENT FOR BIKERS, THE POLICE ARE AT JUST AS MUCH RISK AS ANYONE OF CRASHING OR CAUSING AN ACCIDENT AT THAT SPEED, ALL HE NEEDED TO DO WAS RADIO AHEAD AND PULL THE GUY OVER, BUT NO THE PIGS LIKE TO HAVE FUN AS WELL BUT ITS LEGAL FOR THEM TO BREAK THE LAW BECUASE THEY ARE TRAINED.......MY ARSE! YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF COCK SUCKERS THAT LIVE BY THE RULE OF ONE LAW FOR US AND ONE LAW FOR YOU LOT........WELL FUCK OFF, ITS NO WONDER THAT JOE PUBLIC DON'T LIKE YOU LOT.

Reply to this Topic
gusmacneil

Nov 05

gusmacneil says:

It's not a fiesta after all

I guess they would probably do the same if they were going to pull an Enzo that was driving around at 100+

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

WHY??

Some people are stupid enough enough to be caught doing these speeds, take notice of who is following you or maybe following you and if someone copys you move for move (inside the limit) dont break the limit till they aren't there anymore. Saved me shit loads of points and fines, you only get a telling off because they have no proof.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

More Do-Gooders FFS.

Can somebody tell me why this government has just given the go ahead for the High Speed rail link , that travels at 250mph plus, at ground level, with no way of Swerving, and a stopping distance of ,,,,,Counties? well come on all you Bloody do gooders who ride , at speeds within the 70mph limit and bang on about how someone who dares to enjoy themselves whilst killing nobody ...Answer that,,,,,, and why do you all bother to ride bikes at all? when you could stay at home and be boring do gooders?  And another thing , Dont ever go to Germany cuz you will be shocked at the Autobhans,, not at the Speed but at the Fun these people can have,,, legally,  without all you annoying Do-Gooders in their heads.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

I would say some of you make me laugh, but your too thick. The law is the law. Same for everyone. Homer did it not cross your mind that the officer had to do the speed to capture the offenders speed ? Doh !! Slag the officer off as much as you like, theres enough of you doughnuts hanging off the bandwagon without having any idea about any area of policing is my opinion. "Oh the officer this the officer that".........fuck off to the doughnut forums.

Reply to this Topic
flyingpanintothefire

Aug 02

The police  biker was travelling far too close for that kind of speeds..   he also is quoted as saying   "The consequences of Bleach's riding could have been so much worse". So why was Mr Bleach not stopped sooner by the pursuing police motorcyclist.. assuming he had blue lights of course.. :-)

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Simples then....

......Mr.number...Can you tell me why the police are told not to persue cars when stolen? Fact and case in point.....there was another police biker up ahead, if you have bothered to watch the video the chase officer could have pulled him striaght after the wheelie and not chased him at the speed he did. i have to say though, the police get very iffy when slagged off don't you think? maybe were abit close to the truth?

By the way, you would be very suprised to know what i actually do for a living you numb nuts! the only doughnuts on here are you lot who think your superhuman because your the police......at the end of the day i could shock you with the amount of police that have been arrested lately for really sick crimes...and are now at her majesties pleasure. So do me a favour fuck wit and crawl back under the carpet!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Its so sad

you go to other countries in europe, particularly Spain, and the cops actively encourage bikers to give it a handful. They pull alongside on the motorway and egg you on. They love it! Unfortunately the police in this country are stuck too far up their own arseholes to be able to do anything like that. So concerned with dictating rules and regulations and exercising their authority over joe public. I can only assume Mr Number is plod. Typical arrogant copper. No wonder the public at large can't stand you guys. I was very glad to hear that you'll all be getting pay cuts :-)

Mr Number, read a book called "Filth"  by Irvine Welsh. Sums you guys up very nicely

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices