Skip to content

Discuss This Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

A motorcyclist has been given a six-month suspended jail sentence for pulling a wheelie and speeding at 149mph on the M2 in Kent. Danny Bleach, 37, was filmed from an unmarked police motorcycle as he wheelied and reached over double the limit on the M2 bridge between Strood and Chatham. Bleach, from Belvedere, was ordered to do 200 hours’ unpaid work, banned...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 March 2011 10:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

He should have known that was a undercover bike in the way he was being followed. Its still too risky to do that speed on a motorway. Stick to back roads less police, more bends, more overtaking and more fun.

On a seperate subject, lately I was on M8 in Ireland doing approx 95mph (keeping under 100) when I was overtaken by a range rover. The kenetic energy in a range rover at that speed is massive towards a bike. I have never done the maths but a 100mph range rover(3100kg) must have a lot more kenetic energy over a bike(200kg).

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

I agree.

Homer40,

Yep, I agree and I'm saying that the government need to change their expectations of policing and get back to crime prevention rather than securing convictions after the event.

Daveire, you're spot on. I once worked out the numbers and a large lorry travelling at 50 mph had more kinetic energy (=destructive power?) than a bike travelling at 170 mph. OK, there's reaction times to consider but even so, we allow lorries to travel with this level of kinetic energy on A-roads. Needs a rethink, perhaps.

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

Just after doing some quick maths, correct me if I am wrong. Energy is measured in joules. Joules is the ability to do work or in a accident ability to do damage.

At 60mph(100kph) a 3100kg range rover has 1,195,987.65 joules.

At 60mph a 200kg bike has 77,160.49 joules. Thats 15 and a half times less.

Its an interesting point when talking about speeding.

Reply to this Topic
JOKWAK

Dec 07

JOKWAK says:

SPEEEED

Unlucky,The motorway is not the place to do that sort of speed with other traffic about.Theres a lot of bends at that speed!! Many years ago i got caught on a duel carrageway at 168.3m.p.h. It was 5a.m. and they even used 2 cars and the police chopper to stop me. One of the coppers said you wer'nt riding without due care and attention,just a bit quick. I was fined and banned for 18 months. It cost me my job,and over a grand in fee's. I still kept my R1.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

This is such bollocks

I don't know why the filth even bother defending their own behaviour.  Apart, of course, from the old adage that "any excuse will do for a tyrant".

If speeding is so wrong, why was it positively encouraged, and allowed to continue for miles, when a flicker of blue lights would have ended this apparently deadly practice?

How come such behaviour is so, so deadly in this country, while on the continent it is common practice to travel at such speeds?   (ok, our shite-awful roads might have some bearing on this.)

Why do the filth lie and say, "The law is the law.  Same for everyone." ... when we know damned well it ain't true.   Soldier doing 130mph in a car?  Carry on, private!   Footballer doing over a ton?  Expensive lawyer gets you off, on the ludicrous grounds that his misses can't drive and is too famous to catch public transport.  (And incapable of taking a taxi too, apparently.) 

If you're a cabinet minister who yaks on a mobile, crashes her car, then leaves the scene of the accident - that's fine.   Police themselves get off more often than not with a masonic handshake.  

So let's cut the crap, Mr. Filth - it's not necessarily dangerous practice to speed, if it was you shouldn't have encouraged it, definitely shouldn't allow it to go on so long, and should have given the biker the opportunity to put his hands up earlier.

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

I saw nothing dangerous.

Pulling speeders on the motorway is absolutely ridiculous, all i saw in that video was some fast, perfectly safe riding, even the wheelie wasnt extreme......

Im happy to say i regularly exceed 110mph overtaking on the motorway (i rarely go on the motorway without exceeding 110mph at some point on my journey), sometimes i hit 130+mph, never once ever (except in traffic jams) have i nearly been involved in an accident on the motorway, i have more near misses EVERY day cruising through town at 30mph than i ever have on the motorway.

If i ever get caught then so be it, but theyre never going to convince me that speed is dangerous, a high performance bike is as happy at 150mph as it is at 70mph, its my life to waste should i fall off.

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

He was doing 149mph. That's >40mph above the immediate ban point.

He got nicked. Tough f*cking luck mate. He knew the risks. He did it anyway.

Stop whinging: Stop blaming the police, the government, the courts, the EU, car drivers, the tooth fairy. He knew exactly what he was doing but cracked-on regardless. It's not bad luck that he was caught - it's a simple calculation of probability. 149mph? What did he expect - 30 minutes of community service and a 60 quid fine?

We all do it. He got caught (on camera), that's just life, squire. Nothing unfair about it.

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

The problem

isnt that he got caught, fair enough he got caught he takes the beating, its the fact the law says he gets a beating for doing something safe....

Speeding is seen as a more serious crime than violence, theft e.t.c

The fact that you can go to prison for speeding is absurd, you go down to your local supermarket and ask them what happens when they catch a shop lifter, ill tell you what happens, the shop lifter assaults the member of staff, eventually gets overwhelmed, the stock gets taken off him but usually thrown in the bin, the police show up and let him go, despite cctv footage, hundreds of witnesses e.t.c then go and send joe blogs to prison for doing what his motorcycle was designed to do.....

A friends brother owed money to a drug dealer, (fair play hes a twat) the drug dealer kept smashing up my mates mums house, the police wouldnt do anything despite witnesses and cctv, we ended up resorting to vigilante justice.

The fact of the matter is the police dont give a flying fuck about crime unless its the flavour of the month crime in the public eye.

Reply to this Topic
jabba8

Apr 10

jabba8 says:

He Got Caught

Lord Above, I am detecting that given the chance half of the motorcycling community would happily engage in ride by shootings of police officers given the opportunity.

Very simple. HE GOT CAUGHT. If I was doing 150mph on the motorway under any circumstances whatsoever and got stopped then so be it. You can bleat on about 'THE FILTH' being inept and corrupt etc but at the end of the day the line has to be drawn somewhere and this guy was well past it. Its not really safe and does nothing for the reputation of bikes and bikers. Do I ride at a max of 70 mph - no of course not, 90, 100 and when the circumstances allow maybe a good bit more. But 150MPH! Have a word. In fact two words - TRACK DAY.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

jabba8:

WTF do you get the idea that bikers would welcome murder of the filth by shooting them, corrupt and prejudiced as these supposed public servants might be.   These slurs against bikers certainly show the attitude you have against us.

The "Ride by" or drive-by shootings that you talk of actually causes deliberate harm to people, which is simply wrong.  This might be news to your lot, who think beating protestors to death, or shooting innocent people dead, is just the price of keeping order.  And just great fun for you, of course!  Bragging material for years.

How many deaths have been caused by speeding bikers like this?   Can you give me some examples of bikers doing 150mph plus that have caused serious carnage.

I'll save you the bother - there isn't exactly a big problem there.  The reason you filth go to all the trouble of fitting bikes out with cameras, inviting bikers to dabble with them, is because you find it fun.

Why don't you do people for the real crap that causes accidents - tailgating, yakking on mobiles, texting, and running red lights.   Too unglamorous?  Sounds a bit much like hard work for you?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices