Skip to content

Discuss This Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Six-month suspended sentence for 149mph speeder

A motorcyclist has been given a six-month suspended jail sentence for pulling a wheelie and speeding at 149mph on the M2 in Kent. Danny Bleach, 37, was filmed from an unmarked police motorcycle as he wheelied and reached over double the limit on the M2 bridge between Strood and Chatham. Bleach, from Belvedere, was ordered to do 200 hours’ unpaid work, banned...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 March 2011 10:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yeh.. wobblybiker

these pathetic morons are the ones that are ruining everything for motorcyclists and they dont even know....sorry got that wrong..brainless pathetic morons.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

And another thing snev

I have ridden many times on the German roads as well but only to get to the good twisty bits in Switzerland,Austria and Italy.
Black Forest area was good though!
What did you do?Ride up and down the autobahn?

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Incitement to speed ?

Having just watched the video, the cop could easily have pulled the biker in the first minute when he was doing just slightly over the ton. But no the copper had to wait and see what speeds the biker can be pushed on to do?The copper had plenty of opportunity to pull the biker at the early stages of the persuit and avoid the even higher speed or even a potential accident.

I have been on the receiving end of traffic police baiting on more than one occasion. No you shouldnt react, but equally traffic cops shouldnt encourage us to do even higher speeds than we might have done. When the cops are given individual targets to do a certain number of speeding bikers a week, this kind of police behaviour does happen.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

buelligan272

I Was there just in case, if you Know what I mean.

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Do the speeds

do the penalty.

But potenially as opposed to careless or dangerous or death....not good.  It's the court not the police that need to work out the penalty and fines here. 

Police work to the law.  If you exceed it, you break it.  There is no info on the police bike as to what it was.  Seems safe to wait till blues and twos back up arrives to safely pull someone over.

Reply to this Topic
bloggit

Mar 11

bloggit says:

fast riding

I don't see that he did anything wrong, apart from breaking the speed limit. Certainly no "total disregard for the road and other riders" as stated.

Reply to this Topic
sar02

Aug 10

sar02 says:

speeding

surely he must have noticed the police bike behind him! if he saw him but still did his speeding and wheelies then he deserves everything he gets,for all you guys that support him,just remember it riders like this that put your insurance up.

Reply to this Topic
turbo1

Mar 11

turbo1 says:

149 mph potholes

the only danger i see on the video of the rider  is the road surface in this country is not fit for purpose and could cause a nasty accident throwing rider of bike and killing him stupid potholes etc.

Reply to this Topic
lunitunez

Mar 11

lunitunez says:

At first I thought "How did he get caught?" but me and a friend was riding at 147-155 for about a hour straight coming down from Sacramento, Ca. We never saw the CHP but they notified the next county and they blocked off the next 10 freeway exits if we decided to run. 

Reply to this Topic
IsraelsRSV

Feb 11

IsraelsRSV says:

potholes at speed

Turbo1 if ever you've been over a pothole at 150mph you'd realise your suspention doesn't even have time to react much and you fly right over it without or barely feeling it. Just you dont want to hit a bad road surface on a high speed corner. And lunitunez, everyone knows your talking rubbish cause at those speeds your talk would be empty in less than have an hour. Just watch an IOM dvd for an example. I know when going hard the bike drinks the fuel and you get 90 maybe 100 miles to a tank and at those speeds 90-100 miles is done in minutes not hours.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle