Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 vs Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo vs KTM 990 SMR First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 vs Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo vs KTM 990 SMR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 vs Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo vs KTM 990 SMR

Until now the big supermoto roost has been ruled by the KTM 990 SMR and Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo, but now Aprilia have joined the party with the Dorsoduro 1200. A glance at the spec sheet shows the Aprilia to have the most power and a host of electronic rider aids, but will it blow the opposition away? brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 March 2011 11:31)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Nice video, that KTM sure looks like fun!

Reply to this Topic
iangsxr

Nov 02

iangsxr says:

KTM 990 SMT

I went out last week end on mine and I was supposed to be a grown-up.

SORRY........I'm not yet !!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

i dont have any of these bike and i wont be able to afford any yet but if i was given enough money to get one it would be the hypermotorad purely because its looks amazing sound like a fart through the twists

Aprilia is a great bike but lacks the insane qualitys of the others but aprilia already have aproper supermoto bike so it makes sense it kinda reminds me of the multistrafda aprilia atempt to put something in that biking genre but it falls a little short of what ducati have achieved

the KTM what can i say its just too good i would buy one though as ive never liked KTM road bikes but on a positive you can call yourselgf a holigan just for buying one

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

ROFL

LOL at the dudes in the background... excellent :D

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

ERRR Speed Triple 133BHP 9430 quid list with ABS and a Union Jack. KTM invented the super naked????

Reply to this Topic
Rufi000000

Mar 11

Rufi000000 says:

Not what he said....

ERRR  He didn't say they KTM invented the super naked. He said they invented the big supermoto.

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Impractical?

No concessions to practicality?  They go even further in the article in the paper and claim that the KTM is impractical even compared to a sports bike.  Rubbish!  My 990SM is the most practical bike I've ever owned (and I had a CBR600F for years, as well as a couple of late 90's/early 2000's Fireblades, so I do have some idea of how practical a sports bike can be).

KTM will sell you a top box, panniers, a tank bag and a reasonably-priced but surprisingly effective fly-screen for the SM or SM-R.  Other companies will even sell you hard panniers for both bikes.  They're easy to ride around town, fine for relaxed touring, and the upright riding position makes them more comfortable than most sports bikes.  The only thing about the SM-R that'sa bit impractical is the 15 litre fuel tank.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

I've a tricked up 900 Monster & a Streetfightered VTR,both do anything these 3 will do for a fraction of the price,why buy one?I've had KTM's S/M's in the past & were always trouble & dealer/spares backup a joke.

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

Firstly, compare any of these bikes to a real supermoto, such as a husqvarna 450 or 510, or a aprilia 450 or 550 and they are big lazy comfortable bikes, that are really practicle, compare them to a normal 1000cc road bike like a honda cbf1000, then they look like mad impractivle hooligan bikes, all depends on perspective, but for 11 grand, i would buy a proper supermoto and a practicle road bike on the second hand market...

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Look at those tardy lumps, it's like they are riding in slow motion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices