Skip to content

Products MCN’s top 5 biking rucksacks Parts & accessories

You are in... Forums > Products > Parts & accessories > MCN’s top 5 biking rucksacks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Abbott  says:

MCN’s top 5 biking rucksacks

If you’re heading out for a ride – whether it’s a Sunday blast or Land’s End to John O’Groats – chances are you’ll need a decent biking rucksack. Save £££s on motorcycle rucksacks in the MCN Shop Here are five of MCN’s favourite bags to help you make your choice… Knox Six PackMCN says: “The 29-litre capacity means I can fit...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 March 2011 14:13)

Post a message in Parts & accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
monke

Feb 11

monke says:

rucksacks

rucksacs are for travelling, hill-walking, mountain rescue

why would anyone wear a freakin' rucksac while riding a bike???

bungee it on behind you!!!

Reply to this Topic
Gearbanger

Apr 09

Gearbanger says:

rucksacks

Why carry a laptop on a motorcycle? The places I ride to have no cell phone towers, television or radio reception.

Reply to this Topic
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

I wear a rucksack pretty much everytime I use my bike. I'm not bungeeing anything on the back of a sportsbike because it isn't secure and scratches the paint. A rucksack goes with you when you park and a good one won't even be noticed when you are riding.

As for carrying a laptop, I take mine to work with me when I use the bike so knowing what rucksacks work is important to know. The Kriega stuff is expensive but very, very good.

Reply to this Topic
DavidHondaCBF

Mar 10

the six pack

I've had a knox six pack for about a year and a half now and can't really fault it... carried it on 200 mile journeys full of stuff and my back has been fine, laptop case is a little unnecessary but a nice addition likewise with the visor case if you don't have a spare visor. I also love the helmet carrying section which is really useful you just have to remember not to turn round suddenly in crowds or when going through or a door or you helmet with get a bash! I also find this bag really useful for cycling especially the way it takes weight off your shoulders and onto the front of your body "like a bra" as the lady in Hein Gerike explained to me!

Reply to this Topic
leatherbiker

Aug 02

leatherbiker says:

Why wear a rucksack? DOAH .....!!

Firstly, saves you having to bungee stuff on and off the bike every time you stop for a fag, pee, coffee, meal, petrol or whatever. Secondly, they're comfortable and give you a bit of counterballast as long as you don't overfill them. And thirdly, they hold a lot more than I care to have strapped to the smallish rear rack on my ZX12R, as this affects the balance anyway.

My only real question is, do any of these rucksacks, all of which sound excellent, have extra long straps to get over my chunky torso + leather jacket + waterproof overlayer? The one I have been using for the past 4 years ia great but I always struggle to get the second arm through, even on the loosest setting.

BTW, I have even travelled round Europe on several bikes with a 3/4 sized Interrail type rucksack (Nørrona) and never had any problems with  my back. It's a matter of packing it correctly, with all the heavy stuff at the bottom and all your socks and undies at  the top.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices