Skip to content

Discuss This Pizza boys to tackle over 7,000 miles of desert on delivery scooters General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Pizza boys to tackle over 7,000 miles of desert on delivery scooters

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Pizza boys to tackle over 7,000 miles of desert on delivery scooters

Three pizza delivery boys from Sheffield, Yorkshire are going to ride 12,000km (7,456 miles) across punishing desert to Bamako, Mali to raise money for Practical Action. Liam Lee (25), Scott Hannah (32), and Henry Nottage (29) will ride three Honda Innova 125 step-through mopeds - complete with pizza boxes - from Sheffield, to Budapest and then on to Bamako as part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 March 2011 16:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smoegen

Mar 09

smoegen says:

Love guys like this, thanks to these boys you brits will keep your rumour as wonderfull and excentric!! I hope MCN will give us reports from this travel!!

Reply to this Topic
bustedbits

May 10

bustedbits says:

postie bikes

The posties in australia use 110cc semi auto bikes in australia.  Last time i was out in white cliffs (look it up!) i ran into a bunch of them.  Top speed 40mph and all second hand, but they go anywhere up the desert tracks.  Although at this speed it can be rather, um, dull...  Without a doubt you will get there on the bikes, but stay off the continental motorways!  Best of luck.

Reply to this Topic
Ovski

Nov 10

Ovski says:

Honda Cub 90

If they are anything like the cub 90 i used to deliver pizzas on they'l probably get there on one tank of petrol :-)

Reply to this Topic
HalfBakedHenry

Mar 11

Thansk for the support

Ovski - yep, they are the replacement for the Cub 90, so I reckon we might even win? (the tactic is just don't stop)

Bustedbits - the first stage is 1024km of, you guessed it, continental motorways (from Budapest to Genova). D'Oh!

Smoegen - cheers, if people want to read it and MCN want to publish it I'm sure we can keep you updated somehow.  Am trying to get my grubby little mitts on a sat phone/modem jobber at the minute - any suggestions?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Great stuff!

A big adventure you will all remember for the rest of your lives.

Only wish I could come along too, but an old phart like me would cramp you young'uns style.

There's loads of pretty girls out there, you'll have a great time you lucky young devils....

I wish you every success and a safe trip.

Reply to this Topic
leogreek

Oct 09

leogreek says:

I've read of a guy who did something similar on a postie bike. Apparently they can be damaged after a long run, where the engine is really hot, if you stop and turn the engine off due to cooling down too quickly the entire engine can warp.

I guess as there's no liquid cooling it might be worth letting the engine cool down on tickover.

I have faith in the engines, don't know about the suspension, wheels tyres etc but best of luck, sounds like great fun.

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

quality

jealous, awesome.

all the the best chaps, enjoy,

Reply to this Topic
HalfBakedHenry

Mar 11

Cheers

Will bear that in mind re: engine cooling.  I have a suspicion that by the time we finish each stage it will be in the early hours of the morning - this might mean no points for that day but on the plus side it'll be nice and cool!!

Rlf3 - Thanks for the encouragement.  Unfortunately after getting smacked in the nuts for 12 hours a day by the lack of ground clearance/inability to stand up properly/excessive amounts of rocks the 'pretty girls' might not be so appealing!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Have fun lads

I like your attitude. Much more fun going into these things with an almost complete lack of planning.

Reply to this Topic
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

Great!

Hey, Guys!  I wish you all sorts of luck and fun on this trip.

Can't help but think the Innovas are going to be more reliable than your old Frontera thing, though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices