Skip to content

Discuss This Pizza boys to tackle over 7,000 miles of desert on delivery scooters General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Pizza boys to tackle over 7,000 miles of desert on delivery scooters

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Pizza boys to tackle over 7,000 miles of desert on delivery scooters

Three pizza delivery boys from Sheffield, Yorkshire are going to ride 12,000km (7,456 miles) across punishing desert to Bamako, Mali to raise money for Practical Action. Liam Lee (25), Scott Hannah (32), and Henry Nottage (29) will ride three Honda Innova 125 step-through mopeds - complete with pizza boxes - from Sheffield, to Budapest and then on to Bamako as part of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 March 2011 16:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Triumphgal

Mar 11

Triumphgal says:

All the best and good luck boys, you're going to face what is probably the toughest challenges of your lives.

I'm sure you'll make it, and prove to pizza delivery boys the world over that there's more to you than just demanding money on a dreary Saturday night. I hope we get to see photos of you at the finish!

Reply to this Topic
HalfBakedHenry

Mar 11

Thanks again for the support.  Triumphgal - there are quite a few public misconceptions about pizza deliverers that we hope we can address through this trip, for example:

We can't ride for toffee.  WRONG! we work at Pizza Hut, the bikes are 50cc mopeds and the reason we go so bloody slow up hills is that THEY WILL NOT GO ANY QUICKER.  Everyday I have someone 3 or 4 feet from my back wheel...... Pizza Hut marketing even made light of this problem by putting a sign on the box that says 'If you can read this you should turn your aircon on'... hows that for kicking someone when they're down!

We don't have full licenses, WRONG! The L-Plates are on the bike, most of the people in our store have full licenses and own their own bikes  I have a sneaking suspicion that not covering the plates up is an offence (RTA section 87 says they 'should be covered...' but not they MUST be covered - anyone able to clear this up?

Planning is going well, see our site/facebook page for more details on who has helped us out!

Reply to this Topic
HalfBakedHenry

Mar 11

more thanks

Another thanks to everyone who has contacted us following this article, and to MCN for putting it up!!

Special thanks to Feridax and Spada clothing for offering to help kit us out with riding gear and helmets, now we just need to get the engines sorted!

Has anyone tuned up an Innova 125 engine?  They produce 8hp as stock, we are thinking that improving the flow at both ends (filter and exhaust), an overbore and re-jetting the carbs should help but are struggling to find examples of this/how-to guides? Advice would be welcome!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices