Skip to content

Discuss This Wayne Gardner backs Ben Spies to star in 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Wayne Gardner backs Ben Spies to star in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Wayne Gardner backs Ben Spies to star in 2011

Former world champion Wayne Gardner has backed Ben Spies to emerge as a major threat to Valentino Rossi, Casey Stoner, Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa's domination of MotoGP in 2011.The top quartet, who are frequently referred to as aliens for their domination of the premier class, have won all but three of the races in the 800cc era since 2007.But...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 March 2011 11:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I believe there is a rule allowing 800's to run alongside the 1000's, it might be an idea at Sachsenring or somewhere similar to have an 800 handy. Everyone will have a transition phase but I think for the old timers it will be like " ahh, now we're talking, just how I remember them" whereas the newbies will be like "whoa, it tries to kill me everytime I think about trying to twist the throttle". 

BS might benefit from the change and it might make his superbike knowledge more relevant but I think in reality he'll be in much the position he's in now.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

BS will be expected to challenge this year as he is on factory machinery - Yamaha will want regular podiums or it'll be back to Tech 3 for him.  as i've posted on here before, Spies will have the pressure of expectation this season for the first time .... team mate to the current World Champion will be the first hurdle to overcome, then those pesky Hondas and then probably the wild card of some old bloke on a red bike.  it'll be interesting to see how life in a factory team suits him.

and finally, elbowz shows his true colours.  homophobia is like racism and anti-semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people.  perhaps you should google "Noemi Perea" and see what pops up, if you pardon the pun ...

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Hmmmmmm

So excited you forgot to punctuate.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Ben going.

Back to Tech 3 Herve would jump at the opportunity if he became available but its unlikely that will happen. I know damn well he will impress on the factory bike getting regular podiums as well as race wins. He has a methodical but frighteningly approach when it comes to racing like its said about him once he makes progress he never takes a step back.When he does have a problem he knows how to recover from it and the ability to overtake other riders when their tyres start to silde as the race approaches near the end that is another phenomenal fhing about him.

Reply to this Topic
cookstown

Mar 09

cookstown says:

ben spies

I THINK BEN SPIES WILL SURPRISE A LOT OF PEOPLE THIS YEAR I ALSO THINK HE WILL WIN THIS YEAR.HE IS A GREAT TALENTAND SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO ADAPT TO ANY SITUATION HE FINDS HIMSELF IN.MIGHT NOT BE WORLDCHAMPION THIS YEAR BUT HE WILL BE WORLDCHAMPION IN THE FUTURE.CANT WAIT FOR THE RACING TO START ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SEASON.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Qatar testing.

Elbowz ends the day in fourth place on the first day of testing.

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

YES!!!!

And only .292 seconds back from Pedrosa in first.  Not bad for testing chasis and telemetry and not speed.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

A week to go.

I am just too excited fourth place is not bad on the first day back at testing.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Wayne v sPies

I think Ben will continue to improve without a doubt,Elbowz your comments re Lorenzo are at best childish ,he won the title far and square and no matter what your view of him he is a talent and will be up there again this year,As for Wayne he looks a bit like he has been spending a bit to much time with Bens Pies,both him and Doohan could be the before in a just for men advert !

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

I don't think Spies expects anything less of him.  He did what he wanted last year - performed extremely well, top rookie, 2 podium positions, a pole and most points for a rookie on a SATELITE bike.  He knows more than anyone he has to do more this year.  Spies just happens to be good at managing those expectations.  He wants more, oh yes.  And he is willing to wprk that much harder.

Whatever the expectations, he will be trying to win the champoinship.  He's not sitting back and relaxing just cause he's in the factory team.  Like every other racer out there, he wants to win and he is used to that.  I bet last year he had to sit himself back and say to himself that he won't be able to; that he's on a second rate bike and will have to race even harder to get to the front.  WOW, and he did that.

So as svu650nut says, GO SPIES for this year!!!!  Now he's on a factory bike with speed, there's nothing to stop him.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle