Skip to content

Discuss This David Essex reunited with Silver Dream Racer at BSB film premiere General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > David Essex reunited with Silver Dream Racer at BSB film premiere

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

David Essex reunited with Silver Dream Racer at BSB film premiere

David Essex was reunited with the Silver Dream Racer after more than 30 years at a film premiere last night. The pop singer and actor posed on the Barton Suzuki 500cc triple at the premiere of I, Superbiker, a documentary telling the story of the 2010 British Superbike season by following racers Tommy Hill, James Ellison, Josh Brookes and Gary Mason. I,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 March 2011 15:00)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

Cinema

Anybody know what cinema chains will be showing this film?

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

Bloody 'ell

That ain't David Essex - that's his grandad!

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

What about the 750?

I thought Parish went out on a TZ750 to make the actual footage for the Grand Prix. He hung around to get lapped then stuck with the race leaders for some reasonable racing film, then pulled out so as not to be caught for infringement. It was Parrish riding in the film wasn't it?

Reply to this Topic
Bonly1

Aug 02

Bonly1 says:

CINEMAS

Try www.isuperbiker.com where you'll find a link (tabs at top) for cinemas showing this film - trailers on same webpage look good - unfortunately Merseyside appears not to like bike films so we won't get to see it :(
I remember Silver Dream Racer well, it inspired me in my youth although was very tongue in cheek - David Essex - You're a Star!  LOL :)

Reply to this Topic
stevieboy1962

Feb 06

It wasn't Steve Parrish, Roger Marshall did all the riding scenes, they did  use an oversize engine just to qualify, and then left it in for the race. The film company wanted a shot of him with the chequerd flag, realising the bike wouldn't finish Marshall pulled in then rejoined for the last lap or so just to cross the finish line.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

Josh Brookes looks interested, ?? dosent he.

Probably wondering who David Essex is.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Roger Marshall

It was definitely Roger that rode the bike,I saw a bit of the filming at different circuits during the 79 season Donington,brands and Silverstone they filmed inbetween races getting the crowd to wave and cheer at bikes following a camera in the boot of a ford Capri of all things ,I remember Steve Parrish being involved and also Rod Scivyer who was better known for riding in the 125 class at that time,The film was rubbish but I still watched it whenever it was on even if it was to catch a glimpse of the real racers that  you saw lining up for that unforgettable 79 gp,oh well enough anorak stuff for today ,Sinitta and the bike have worn better than David Essex what did she see in him before moving on to Simon Cowells wallet?

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

Tonight!

I Superbiker is showing tonight (Monday) across the country.   See website for details http://www.isuperbiker.com/

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Different ending?? - Spoiler alert!

I have the Silver Dream Racer on DVD - forget where I purchased if from... but am I right in remembering a rather messy original ending?

I originally saw it when I was a wee nippa of 6 or 7 years old back in the early 80s...

I recall it having Essex getting his foot caught and the bike slamming against the pit wall - bursting into flames, on the final lap ???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices