Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

skellfinch

Mar 11

skellfinch says:

Suzuki Bandit 600

Suzuki Bandit 1999

I am a total novice to the biking world. I passed my test a few months ago (Isle of Man) and got a Bandit.

When i initially try start it up or if i stall it (cold or warm engine/with choke/without)-I have to wait like a minute or longer before it will decided to fire up.

It doesn't even atempt to turn over. Got a new battery on it so that deffo aint a issue. When it does turn over, it fires up first time.

When its running its totally fine (but as I'm inexperianced, stalling it on a new bike is part of learning.....right?!)

Any help would be fantastic....Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 March 2011 02:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

battery

Welcome s,a new battery can be faulty,what`s the voltage reading with ignition off and engine at 4,000rpm? Also does the bike start with jump leads from a donor battery?

Reply to this Topic
skellfinch

Mar 11

skellfinch says:

battery

Cheers for your reply, I'll check the voltage out later this morning.

No it doesnt need jump leads and the lights/indicators work fine when the thing has decided to do a delayed start (aware of not starting the bike with the lights on). 

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

Doesn't even try to turn over?? as in, the bike stalls, then when u press the starter button again there is'nt even a noise??? but all the lights stay working and stuff???

Reply to this Topic
skellfinch

Mar 11

skellfinch says:

bike

Yes totally that

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere. check everything is fine at the solenoid and that its a 30amp fuse in it.. the solenoid is under the left hand side side panel.. seat off. undo the pop screw and u should be able to get to it.  also did u check the voltage at the battery like jaffa advised

Reply to this Topic
skellfinch

Mar 11

skellfinch says:

battery

When she is switched off battery is 14.2 and 16.3 when its on idle.

I'll have to have a look to see if I can find/check the solenoid.
I took a photo of the fuse box and this other thingy that is under the seat. I really am a proper novice at all this!

Cheers for ya help guys

Reply to this Topic
skellfinch

Mar 11

skellfinch says:

photos

pix

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

voltage

That is bad news about the battery voltage,any readings should not be above 15v max,if you carry on you will cook the new battery (if not already done so).Your regulator/rectifier is faulty because it should not let more than 14.5v really to the battery for charging.There`s a Paul.D.J. on here from the i.o.m. he`s a bike technician or do you know a vehicle sparky technician? 

Reply to this Topic
von41

Aug 02

von41 says:

skell..

Have you checked the switch/ contact on the clutch lever ?

that would cause a starting prob..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle