Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards: Casey Stoner is clear title favourite MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards: Casey Stoner is clear title favourite

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards: Casey Stoner is clear title favourite

Casey Stoner is an overwhelming favourite to win the 2011 MotoGP world championship, according to American Colin Edwards. The Repsol Honda rider has been in ominously fast form throughout the winter testing campaign having made a seamless transition from Ducati to the new 2011 factory RC212V machine. Stoner hasn’t finished outside of the top three in four pre-season tests on Honda’s new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 March 2011 12:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motocollect

Apr 06

motocollect says:

Will HRC parts shortage put Stoner's domination on hold?

HRC have now stated they only have spares for the first two MotoGP rounds, due mainly to the rationing of power supplies in Japan. Will the same situation affect Yamaha and Suzuki?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fearing a RCV blitzkreig

season long tedium and plummeting T.V revenues for Dorna, Carmelo Ezpeleta issues a last minute rule change just before the warm-up lap of the race - because he can. Henceforth all future MotoGP races shall be run reverse grid and handicapped as follows;

Elias is allowed to start from the cool down lap of the Moto2 race (as this is where he belongs).

Crutchlow to race only during daylight hours only so he doesn't spook himself with all those extra shadows.

The Yamaha's are allowed to keep their wee rolling starter engines attached for additional kick off the corners.

All Ducati's will be given special dispensation to run Piaggio scooter style twin front wheels to prevent  what's become known as the Bologna Origami 'fold'.

End results are to be purely at the discretion of Ezpeleta. No correspondence to be entered into unless it comes from Jeremy Burgess.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

JUST BECAUSE

every one else has. 1, stoner 2, lorenzo 3, spies top 6 for depuniet

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Oops, I Laughed Out Loud!!!

Team Cowan/Nostro........... SCOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!! Richard1967 sets it up beautifully and Nostro buries it into the back of the net!

BTW: I hate football but the above seemed appropriate on this occasion. ;)

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Had to post. RawDawg. Why is it EVERY message board you visit (and there are many) you will take any opportunity to slate Rossi and "big up" American riders!!! Then proclaim you are not a Rossi hater!!! Just admit it!

As for Colin... Bless him! Especially when he says "He’s riding it good and the bike is obviously working good, so we have got our work cut out to beat him." Since when have you ever beat Stoner mate? A different league!

Bless Colin Edwards... If MotoGP were a book he would be a narrator and even a favourite character, but never a winner!

Reply to this Topic
rhysizhere

Mar 11

rhysizhere says:

analysis

wouldn't say he's title favourite but most likely to win it. pedrosa will mostly be faster but as soon as stoner overtakes him pedrosa wont fight back.  lorenzo's bike will be similar to last years but when it comes to next year with the 1000's that willl be an all new bike so without VR or JB he wont be able to get that bike up to speed i guarentee next year lorenzo will be mid field.  next year is rossi's already he and hayden only guys to win on 1L 1000cc bikes. this year is tough for the doctor with the soldier and learning the duke, but never count him out, he the g.o.a.t (greatest of all time).

Reply to this Topic
rhysizhere

Mar 11

rhysizhere says:

colin the c*ck sucka

colin now blowing off casey d*ck now after hes finished sucking rossi's. colin you dirty american trater.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

radioactive bikes

First off...yay the winter duldrums are over!!!! Its time to go racing!!!!  Honda looks good in testing and casey and dani are battling already.  Could be just the thing to motivate the wee fella this year...hope he wins championship.  Glad to see lorenzo suffering...its a bit harder to be lead developer than copier isnt it lad?  Anyways he will still be fast , maybe just not as lucky this year.  Its easy to win when its easy.  Not as much fun when its hard.  I think ducati and rossi will gel as the season progresses ( ya big psycic prediction there i know).  But here are a few...There is a delayed reaction to the japanese disaster and honda and yamaha will basically have to "run what ya brung" all season, whereas ducati and golden horseshoe rossi will be blissfully developing and perfecting all season with a fully functioning factory.  This will result in them catching up and rossi dominating the 2nd half of the season.  Look for his first win at mugello then the floodgates will open.  Lorenzo will get frustrated by his slow yamaha and his fast teamate and will crack. Dani will shine and beat casey although casey will also have a good season. Rossi will finish on podium at qatar.  Ya heard it here first folks! cheers

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

fry

forget about what edwards says. stoner and pedrosa will fry each others brains, and who knows, dovi might be top dog.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

I should be so lucky ...

to be half as good as Edwards. A few people being a tad unkind here - could that be because he is backing Rider X and not the hallowed one? Fact is, Edwards is a two-time WSBK Title holder and no-one can belittle that as he had to beat Bayliss on the Duc at the height of his powers. In MotoGP too, Colin has definitely had his moments. After he led all the way at Assen in 2006 - got passed by Hayden 2nd-last Lap - re-passsed - only to have Hayden come back and get Edwards off-line in the very last corner - whereupon Colin arsed-off and the bike carried on without him. Damn - there went a Win or a sure 2nd at least but not to be when he had to clamber back on and come in 13th. The previous year ( 2005 ) on the very same Camel Yamaha M1 as team-mate Rossi - Edwards passed Rossi coming down the top of the Corkscrew to finish 2nd to Nicky Hayden in the USGP. We NEVER ever hear about that one - the goat-botherers much preferring 2008 - Mmmm ... Now, before you all start - I have no problem with Rossi - just his one-eyed and ultra-biased fans that can't recognise anything or anyone else ...

It seems that Stoner has absolutely shocked and silenced the slaggers. Despite some geniuses saying crap like, " Rossi has been really struggling with the bike Stoner " left " him with." Is that anything like the bike that Pedrosa and Dovi " left " for Stoner, then? I have posted on many occasions saying if you stood close ( as I have ) at a corner entry, Stoner was visibly quicker than all others into that corner. Scary! As well, I quoted the hugely respected, Carlo Pernat - the guy who signed Rossi to his very first GP contract with Aprilia in 1996-1998. Last year Pernat said: " Without a doubt, Casey is one of the fastest riders I have ever seen in my life - the fastest I have seen in the last 10 years, and that includes Valentino." All I got was abuse, arguments and howls of derision. Hey - I didn't say it - Pernat did, OK? And now it comes to this - CE3 tells everyone what has been obvious for the past 4 seasons - Stoner CAN ride anything anywhere anytime and is very bloody quick - everywhere. Now the doubters and the slaggers have to believe the evidence of their own eyes and ears. Will this translate to race Wins and a Title (s) - who knows ? - but at least the kid is now recognised for the talent he has and the plain-speaker he is. The Stoner-Moaner and serial crasher ( on the treacherous Ducati ) is dead - long live the new and respected Casey Stoner. It is about bloody time. Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices