Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki GSR750 first ride: "It's dead easy to ride" First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Suzuki GSR750 first ride: "It's dead easy to ride"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Suzuki GSR750 first ride: "It's dead easy to ride"

MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child is currently testing Suzuki’s all-new GSR750 roadster near Seville in southern Spain. This is what he has to say so far: “First impressions are good. The styling is really nice, the engine’s based on the old 2005 GSX-R750K5 but retuned to give more bottom end and midrange and it’s pretty light, too – only 2kg...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 March 2011 12:47)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
crappyname

Feb 09

crappyname says:

7K for one of those? I think your living in la-la-land! 5500 max!

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Too much!

I tend to agree, I know prices have gone through the roof for jap bikes but 7k being considered cheap for this sort of bike is bonkers. A couple of years ago you could've picked one up for 5500 or 6 max.

What's more daft is that the Gladius is about £5700 on the road and I can't believe there's much difference between them in terms of quality and cost etc.

Suzuki should've put this up at £6495 OTR absolute max and I personally reckon you'll be able to get them for that or less in within 6 months and/or with loads of after market extras "free" to sweeten the deal. 

It's got potential but it's on thin ice at that price. The kwak looks better for about the same price, the Triumph Street Triple and even the R isn't too far away and while the FZ 8's stupidly expensive it's probably a better bike on almost every level I'd imagine. 

Reply to this Topic
Rufi000000

Mar 11

Rufi000000 says:

Nice Pictures.

Nice pics! I really like the one where you can see the whole bike.

Reply to this Topic
gixxer2010

Mar 11

gixxer2010 says:

LOL

I kept reading GSXR 750 LOL thought thats not to bad, then realised it was errrrrrrrrrrr lets say not a gixxer

Owell a Ducati for me next,  the Jap is not as diserable espacially at the silly money they are asking nowdays.

Id have a gixxer 750 at 7.5k but not the 10k or somthing they are asking, silly money for what you get.

Reply to this Topic
mrmoses

Jan 08

mrmoses says:

Nice Weather!

IT looks sunny in Spain! Honestly that's all this report tells me! Enjoy the sun Adam, remember your sunscreen!

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Its allright for some...

Seriously why the interest in naked bikes when its regularly going down to freezing in the morning and when it isn't its raining very hard...

Reply to this Topic
yorkshiremonkey

Feb 09

SPAM

I see the SPAM Monkeys are at it again in the forums. Is there anything you can do about it MCN? Sorry to moan but it's just annoying. I like the look of the GSR750. I'd never be able to afford a brand new one but I think it's a nice progression from the GSR600.

Reply to this Topic
SpeedLimitRacer

Feb 11

In any form, Spam has never been a good thing

Dear MCN,

Please delete the account(s) of the filthy spammers who are littering this forum with adverts.

Reply to this Topic
SpeedLimitRacer

Feb 11

Fazer 8?

I suspect a fairing is all it needs to stick two fingers up at the Fazer 8.

With a fairing I might even consider it over a cbr600f?....

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Andy949494

You have pointed out the downsides of owning a naked bike but you obviously dont understand the appeal of naked bikes. It's a much different experience to riding a faired bike, your even more out in the open, more out in the elements you can actually feel the wind, the sensation is still there, where 120mph still actually feels fast, it's a purer motorcycling experience in my opinion. Besides since when are motorbikes supposed to be extremely practical, that's what cars are for, bikes for most people aren't purely transportation, otherwise we'd all be riding round on honda deauvilles

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices