Skip to content

Ask an Expert Don't want to look like a biker-Help! Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Don't want to look like a biker-Help!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

sillyface

Mar 09

sillyface says:

Don't want to look like a biker-Help!

Hi,

Most of the protective motorbike clothing I've seen makes you look like a Michelin man or screams out ‘Hey look at me, I’m a biker, I have a bike’.

I’m looking for clothing that when I meet friends in a café or pop into a shopping centre, I can get off my ride and walk around like the norms not looking like I’ve lost my bike. I’ve already got the cool Kevlar jeans which are great. But having issues finding decent laced boots that don't look like they’ve been designed by a soldier. And a nice casual jacket that doesn’t make you look as if your upper body was part of Transformer.

Anyone know of a source before I call up Gok Wan?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 March 2011 13:11)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bensewell

Feb 11

bensewell says:

Biker Tackle

I do a 30 mile each way to work trip to the hospital where i work (handy if i ever come off).  I work in IT so i've got some buffalo trousers which fit on top of my work trousers and some freebie jacket that came with the bike.  When i get to work i do the clarke kent magic stars in your eyes transformation and within 5 minutes biker stuff off and work tackle on.  I leave my shoes at work. 

Warning!!  I red red hot after five a side though putting the bottoms on.  But i'd rather be safe than sorry.  I saw some c*ck a few days ago with shorts, pumps and a helmit thats it.  If they ever come off regardless they deserve a good road rashing for their stupidity i think.

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

It may not be like that...

A friend a secondary school rode a scooter and she borrowed on of her dads road racing helmets, and asked his leathers provider if they would do a skintone colour 1 piece race suit with black lady wear sown on top of the leather.

Her reason was that she thought no one would pull out on her, because anyone would see a lady riding a bike in her underwear.

The point is they might be wearing carefully coloured gear.

Probably not though...

Reply to this Topic
Hackey

Mar 11

Hackey says:

Oh my..

I like to think that I can read, you ride a bike ( vespa ? ) and you want to wear clothing that doesnt look like you are one of them bloody bikers ?

Drive a car or take the bus while we bikers go past you with two fingers, we choose to wear the clothing to keep us safe and protected if the worst would happen, we dont do it because thats the style we like , we make do with the best that is available. Wear a plain black leather jacket ( motorcycle one with armour ) and your kevlar jeans, shoes are not as important if your going to be going to starbucks or whatever your planning to do. Proud to be a biker 

Reply to this Topic
zest

Oct 11

zest says:

I know what you mean

I understand.

However you post was worded badly and I can understand how you could have offended us Bikers.

I can answer your question about Footwear.

Comfy Biker Boots that look good off the bike that are durable can be found if you look at the smaller manufacturers.

There are some hidden gems.

I discovered Bike Image http://www.bikeimage.co.uk a while back. A UK Boot Company.

Take a look. Lots of interesting info. Very meticulous construction.

Also look at Rev'It. http://www.revit.eu/en/#/products a Dutch Company.

That is if you do not want the plastic fantastic Race Replica look.

Reply to this Topic
zest

Oct 11

zest says:

Offer Found

A quick update to my last post.

Bike Image Facebook page mentions Promotional Codes accepted.

Certainly the best Boots I have ever owned.

This works for £25 OFF.  ( a2c15 ) 

Happy Biking.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Held?

I just bought a new pair of gloves (for winter brr)  and Held sent me one of their catalogs. There are quite a few jackets in there which don't look too biker like (at least to me) and they also sell bike jeans etc...
Andy.

Reply to this Topic
PiageMoore

Nov 11

PiageMoore says:

Re:

not now

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale