Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates first practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates first practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates first practice

Casey Stoner carried his ominous pre-season form into the new MotoGP world championship season in Qatar tonight, the Aussie topping the timesheets at the end of opening free practice at the Losail International Circuit. The Aussie, who dominated the final two winter tests in Malaysia and Qatar, finished with a best time of 1.55.752 to finish a massive 0.610s ahead of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 March 2011 17:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

No surprises.

Knew it all along Stoner will dominate proceedings when it comes to Qatar he owns this circuit the best way to put it.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Casey desperately trying to massage his fragile mind with his ' look see how fast I am' approach. Looked just as wild as when on the duke. Dani is sandbagging come qualifying he will be all over Casey like a cheap suit. Rossi?? a 10th off second. Making a lot of posters look fucking clueless, not that they needed Rossi help, and not a wheel out of line or soft tyre in sight... get fit lad .. and get in.. Queue bile...

Reply to this Topic
GSXRdreaming

Mar 11

GSXRdreaming says:

I wonder if...

...Vale has been playing mind games?! Seems a bit of a jump to the times he had been posting. On the other hand, why would he not want to be quick out of the blocks straight away? What advantage would he gain by not going as fast as he could? Difficult one to judge, but like Burgess said, it's one thing being quick over one lap, it's another when racing side by side, or something like that. Nice to see a bit of a mix up in the top 5. All I know is that I can't wait for Sunday!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Only practice.

The race is what counts the excitement is back after four months off racing the factory Yams will fight back.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

yeha

Bring it on Vale, great result on such a bad shoulder ;-)

Casey still quick, but can he carry it on in a race..??

I can not see barbara getting in top 3 in race either..??

Reply to this Topic
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

Stoner likes to get off the bike and have a sit down between laps, thats his problem.

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

rossi

Dont think rossi was playing mind games, just a bit of VR and JB magic starting to come together!

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

lorenzo

not happy with set up off bike...come on jorge...you shouted loud enough last year for the extra cash

show us your worth it by whooping vale on a world championship winning bike...

if JL shits it and doesnt get a top 3 in championship it'll be bye bye jorge baby bye bye...lol

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I've come

to the conclusion that Valentino Rossi's mountain might not be so tricky to climb after all. My eyes didn't see much to be concerned with. Casey Stoner just likes going as fast as possible every time he's on his new Honda and once that's combatted he'll be beaten ha ha ha ha ha ha 

Hector Barbera is making me laugh too, imagine if he'd been sandbagging and was actually really fast. Is Toni Elias using his Moto 2 bike by mistake? I can think of a number of people who ought to be sat where he is. And I'm guessing Alvaro Bautista is mortally wounded after reading Wayne Gardner's comments.

My favourite bit was Julian Ryder describing the Honda DSG gearbox and how it works without calling it a DSG box and insisting it's not illegal. He was helpful enough to give an estimated time benefit from it too.  

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Lorenzo struggles.

and Ben being ahead of him throughout the session I think #99 is missing the expertise of the former rider who used to be next door to him but its too early to say I know Barbera will no where be near the front but this could involve the aliens and Ben making a late charge through the field when the other riders tyres start to go off.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices