Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi thrilled with Ducati breakthrough MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi thrilled with Ducati breakthrough

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi thrilled with Ducati breakthrough

For the first time in a long time, Valentino Rossi was sporting a beaming smile in the MotoGP paddock tonight. The Italian was ecstatic having enjoyed his most productive 45-minutes to date on board Ducati’s factory GP11 as the 32-year-old claimed the fifth quickest time at the end of the first free practice in Qatar. Rossi went into tonight’s first session on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 March 2011 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

SAND BAGGING

If anyone needs to win this race its him and i think with a bit of luck and the rivalry that must be prescent between the Ducati and Honda camps this is one opener i'am looking forward to come on on Doctor Rossi stock it to em !!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Hhhmmm

still feeling slightly sceptical. Progress is clearly being made, but everyone else is gonna go faster yet. Will the Ducati continue to reduce the gap? or even maintain it for that matter. We shall see

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

:-/

Above is my face slowly getting smugger.... this will change each day!!!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Great work by Rossi/Team already bucked Caseys trend of getting slower each year, and is further infront of the yams than Casey was last year. However the honda is twice the bike it was at the start of last year so still plenty of work to do. Most encouraging has to be that the duke is alot faster and no one fell off. Go Rossi!! Go Nicky!! Go Ducati!! And Go Dani!!! Hasn't shown his pace yet, expect him to be just as quick as Casey.. be interesting to see if Casey find a another 20% race pace without falling off... Having said that another 20% is still a way off last years pace, so maybe all have a lot more to give. Supermario, Rossi has history of always improving the bike, it's hard to imagine he has peaked after only a week and a half on the bike and still carrying injury... I reckon the yam and honda are nearer their respective crests so expecting the Ducati to improve more than they have, though it will take time as it will require new thinking for the ducati engineers.. The Honda and Yam improved steadily over the last 4 years only the duke has stagnated.. Still long way to go and anything can happen...

Reply to this Topic
tntyliss

Apr 10

tntyliss says:

supermario

I agree with you, i would expect to see sub 1'54 laps tonight and tomorrow. Lap record is 1'53.927 from 2008 (Lorenzo) and i think this year it's going down.Rossi improved a lot but he will need more than that to keep his position.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Also.......

Great bash hat this year...... It looks tha nutzzz!

Reply to this Topic
Chappie46

Oct 05

Chappie46 says:

Ducati

I agree with Super Mario, I'm sure the pace will increase over the weekend

But Dont forget Barbera set the third fastest time on the satellite Ducati

So I'm sure Valentino has a few more tenths in his locker, hopefully score a podium and unsettle the opposition.

Chappie46

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

back to the standard setting

Just thought you maybe interested in an inteview with Rossi after practice last night with an italian journo where he talks about what they did to get the half a second improvement... while there is an english translator on the site it's a bit ordinary. In short Rossi talks about how in testing earlier in the week they made a bit of a blue and decided to shelve the standard settings after initially trying them but after looking at the data again they decided to re try the setting last night and it worked well, allowing him to turn better... then they made some additional adjustments to the rear and he was able to continually improve the times. He also talks about that it wasn't a one off fast lap and that he could at the least sustain that pace eventhough he gained a small 2 tenths advantage following Edwards on his last lap

He seems pretty confident that he will improve his times again today Cheers

http://www.moto.it/MotoGP/rossi-finalmente-sorridiamo.html the google translator is at the top right hand of the page, and those that understand Italian the audio of the interview is also available  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Has anyone ever won races in the premier class with 3 different manufacturers before? I know championships with 2 manufacturers has been done before but my knowledge isn't good enough to know if race wins with 3 manufacturers has been done before. Would Rossi be the first to do this if he wins a race with ducati?

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

:(

Some smugness has left my face as above...... See how it changes later tonight..!

Still, C'mon Cal........ 8th..... that is foooooking great stuff!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices