Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Kawasaki W800 vs Triumph Bonneville vs Moto Guzzi V7 Classic First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Kawasaki W800 vs Triumph Bonneville vs Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Kawasaki W800 vs Triumph Bonneville vs Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

The Kawasaki W800 impressed during its first ride, but how does it compare against its two closest rivals, the Triumph Bonneville and Moto Guzzi V7 Classic? Read this week's MCN for the full test.  brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 March 2011 12:41)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
reverendhoover

Oct 09

So in conclusion....

they're all good! I think this section of the market is going to grow as, with bikes like these, it's more fun to slow down. I really fancy the Triumph Scrambler and will get a test ride later this year.

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

abcling spammer!!!!!

Wish these spamming morons would just get lost...Wipe them off the boards please MCN!!

Reply to this Topic
bleep

Jan 10

bleep says:

W650

I had a go on a W650 and really liked it - it had a lovely engine, simply gorgeous torque oozing out all over the place, never a wrong gear for a corner. The chassis itself left a little to be desired, the riding position squeezed me a bit, leading to a cramped hip, and the short travel suspension aggravated some back pain which recurs too easily. The frame gave a sort of wriggle over the top of a bumpy hill winding road (in the dry), creating a sense if not the actuality of a bit of instability. I was in some discomfort when I returned to the dealer, so I reflected back on the bike I had ridden just before, an older Suzuki Freewind XF650, which I had wanted to try out for ages. The Freewind had seemed crude at first, with some takeup in the throttle action, some chugging low down, and some throbbing going through the rev range, followed by some noisy popping on the overrun. But the handling was superb, much lighter than the W650, higher up but much easier to get down in corners, delightful soft suspension (think "Cadillac" ride), comfy seat, and I just really didn't have to think much about riding it at all. I had no discomfort at all on the Freewind. In the end, as it was only half the price of the W650 (although with 40k miles…they can do more than double that), I ended up buying the Freewind. It also doesn't cause any numbness in my hands, even though it's not what you'd call silky smooth, the minor vibration has no effect, unlike any other bike I've recently ridden. If I had the cash for the W800, who knows?

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

MCN vids are really good

Yet another excellent video. Well presented, well put-together, unobtrusive music, informative - I really hope that they bring plenty of traffic to the site and get lots of viewers as you've got a damn good thing going. Keep it up.

Reply to this Topic
RSweet

Mar 11

RSweet says:

W800

Kawasaki:

Send the W800 to the states!!

(THanks in advance. ;)

Reply to this Topic
jallen

Aug 02

jallen says:

@Rsweet

A friend has just bought a W800 and is very impressed with it. At a glance it looked a really excellent retro bike, great finish and detailing.

John

Reply to this Topic
kermode

Jan 04

kermode says:

i have the t100, its a fantastic bike, i did look at the w800 but went british and glad i did. went to the TT this year on the bonny and dont remember many bikes passing the bonnie.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices