Skip to content

Discuss This New Honda CBR250R: how fast? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Honda CBR250R: how fast?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

New Honda CBR250R: how fast?

At first glance, Honda's new £3688 CBR250RR is a lot of bike for its price. Which might sound a little odd from the standpoint of being ‘just’ a single-cylinder bike with power output capped to just 26bhp. But a comparison with the competition speaks volumes: Kawasaki’s Ninja 250R costs £861 more at £4549, and Hyosung’s capable GT250R is £3799. And Yamaha’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 March 2011 16:52)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Fucking Spammers

Would love to meet these fucking Geeks and educate them. just fuck off.

Reply to this Topic
TheWookie

Feb 10

TheWookie says:

@senior spanner...

Its a STEEL frame and STEEL swingarm, as opposed to a lot of the bigger capacity bikes which use ALUMINIUM...

This is where your extra weight is coming from.

Steel is 7.7 tons per cubic metre.  Aluminium is 2.02 tons for the same volume.

Reply to this Topic
gladster

Nov 04

gladster says:

It's a gem!

I rode the CBR250R the other day and I was well impressed with how good it is. It's no good discussing BHP and weight, you need to jump on a bike and ride it. The power is linear from 6k to the 12k redline, it even has a nice induction roar. The true top speed is higher than MCN achieved, it does 76mpg and nothing comes close to it on price. There's enough grunt to sit comfortably on the motorway and overtake three cars at a time on the back roads, and the chassis so nimble it just falls into corners. For those who just passed their test and don't want the power or weight of a 600, this is spot on. For the more experienced riders (like me) this bike is still great fun. Sure it's not in the same league as bigger sports bikes but it's not supposed to be. This will make an excellent commuter as well, I'm seriously considering putting my name down for one. Honda will shift these by the hundreds I promise you. P.S I'm not Honda employee before anyone asks :o)

Reply to this Topic
TheMaxter

Mar 11

TheMaxter says:

Tempting

The more I see this bike the more tempeted I am to lay my money down. There's a huge hole for a quality economical bike between the 125's and tghe 600's - This may well be what we've been waiting for.

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

OK

Dont get me wrong - I actually quite like it and I do know a bit about 250 singles, and what they should weigh,  having a  TTR250 with STEEL frame, STEEL long-range tank, STEEL swinging arm . Ok it has plastic guards, but so will this bike. The only real difference is the fairing. The TTR weighs 120Kg.......

Perhaps Honda steel is heavier than Yamaha steel Mr Wookie!

Reply to this Topic
ethicalkidnap

Mar 11

33bhp?

I don't see why it needs to be bang on the limit to be a great bike, this little single has more torque than the 33bhp kwak, making it more convenient through town, just not as fast altogether. As someone mentioned below (which someone else hastily denied), peak power often means sacrificing low to mid range pull, especially on lower capacity engines (peak power = torque x revs, essentially). This looks great, I'd love to own one.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

cbr250

It's a bike for the "Just passed test" market, where people are restricted to 33bhp.  If you look how many people are buying bigger bikes and restricting them, then you'll realise how many people want the full 33bhp.

It's rival (Kawasaki) produces 33bhp, or close to. It will sell, because people are too bloody stupid and will only ever buy one brand, even when the rivals are better and/or cheaper.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

F*cking Spammers

@snev X2 mate, w*nkers the lot of them.

Reply to this Topic
tomlloydy

Mar 09

tomlloydy says:

Not just for Restricted licences

With petrol prices heading towards £2 a liter I can see a lot of people downgrading their bikes or swapping their cars for one of these, it must be good on fuel and its faster than a 125.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

gladster and others

it's interesting to see when there is a controversial honda out there are suddenly a load of people with new accounts and their only ever post in regards to that bike... and that post sounds like an over-defensive advertisement or endorsement, I dont know whether they work for the importers or honda or what but they're full of ***

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices