Skip to content

Discuss This New Honda CBR250R: how fast? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Honda CBR250R: how fast?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

New Honda CBR250R: how fast?

At first glance, Honda's new £3688 CBR250RR is a lot of bike for its price. Which might sound a little odd from the standpoint of being ‘just’ a single-cylinder bike with power output capped to just 26bhp. But a comparison with the competition speaks volumes: Kawasaki’s Ninja 250R costs £861 more at £4549, and Hyosung’s capable GT250R is £3799. And Yamaha’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 March 2011 16:52)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

Seems to be quite a lot of interest in this bike from "older" riders. I've also been riding a while, 20 or so years and bikes like this are starting to appeal to me more. I'm tempted to go back to a bike I can ride on 3/4 or full throttle most of the time - I quite often have more fun riding courtesy bikes (eg. CB400 super fours, GS500s, CB500s etc) than I do riding the bike being serviced! Not that bothered by fuel consumption although I'm sure this bike will do over 70mpg without trying. Long service intervals, cheap insurance/tax and being a Honda, it should be fairly reliable. Looks great too. As for the price, I know it's not cheap compared with bikes a few years ago, but things have moved on with exchange rates etc.. In today's market it is a REAL steal, nearly a thousand less than the Kawasaki, the same as the dull/old fashioned YBR250 and about the same as many 125s.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Wake me up

Riding this 250 from Honda would be boring,tireing & tedious.93mph indicated means 88 in real terms,sitting up this feeble offering would be lucky to top 80 unless thrashed to within a 10mm nut of it's life.I grew up with proper stroker 250's in the late 70's,riding this thing would send me to sleep.

Reply to this Topic
TheMaxter

Mar 11

TheMaxter says:

Aceedstorm

Well, like everybody else saying its not fast enough, go and buy one that is. There's plenty of choice!

Reply to this Topic
rikilamb

Mar 11

rikilamb says:

price

the honda cbr250r is only 2600 pounds here in thailand with abs and 2000 pounds without, it can not cost that much to ship then to england.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

being an old bugger

I remember the 1980 cb250rs single cylinder 26 BHP ,128 KG 90mph bike. which at the time was a little bit slow like most other 4 strokes of the day , but it was legal to ride one at 17 on L Plates .then came the LC which was the start of something massive . lets hope history repeats itself . now where did I put those flares?!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Dont worry,   iv'e just found some on one of those lovely spam sites !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices