Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner will start the first race of the 2011 season on pole after setting the fastest time during qualifying today. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa was the only other rider who could come close to Stoner's time and will start from second on the grid, ahead of reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo. Marco Simoncelli set the fourth fasest time, after languishing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 March 2011 18:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Entirely predictable

Outside of Crutchlow - well done dodgy shoulder, ground down finger rookie! Stoner a second quicker than QP last year on the GP10, Rossi half a second slower on the GP11 than Stoner was last year. It won't always be like this 2011, but this fact alone speaks volumes for the abilities of Stoner to both ride and set-up a machine. I just hope that Pedrosa and Lorenzo can hang tough with him tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Few things

Well it's no surprise that Stoner is on pole. I know it's only the first round and he has owned Qatar these last few years but if Stoner doesn't win the Championship this year I will be surprised. The stars are aligning in a way for him that they haven't since 2007. Dovi is living on borrowed time - again I know this is just the first round but being last factory Honda and down in 7th behind a non factory Ducati is not a good place to be. Likewise Haydon not managing to out qualify Rossi does not bode well for him. You would think that with 2 years experience on the big red machine he would be able to do better than 13th. Lastly Elias. Dear me. If he keeps his ride to the end of the season I will be even more surprised than if Stoner doesn't take the title.

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

should be renamed, the losail stoner int. circuit

I fear, barring any mishaps by stoner and pedrosa, a honda 1 - 2... with stoner winning by at least 5 seconds from pedrosa....  should be a nice fight for the last podium spot between lorenzo, marco, and spies.. also should be a nice fight for spots 4 thru 8.....

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Simoncelli. He rules!

Reply to this Topic
grumpytwin

Jul 08

grumpytwin says:

Losail...

Oh dear. 16 bikes does not, in my opinion, a Grand Prix make. This year I shall mostly be watching Superbikes. Again.

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

old timers

Is it time for the likes of Edwards,capirossi and Elias to make way for new blood? They are all great riders but have had their chance, let's get Rea and Haslam out there,

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

YOU DONT

win a race on Saturday so let's wait before handing out the prize's

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

AND I

dont need a smart arse saying what about assen

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

WOSIDEG

are you serious?

Reply to this Topic
Hondabikers

Jun 10

Hondabikers says:

yeah best bike ....

.....Like Rossi during his whole career .....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle