Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner will start the first race of the 2011 season on pole after setting the fastest time during qualifying today. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa was the only other rider who could come close to Stoner's time and will start from second on the grid, ahead of reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo. Marco Simoncelli set the fourth fasest time, after languishing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 March 2011 18:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Be honest... How many people read Aquarius' post all the way through? Anybody?

Weskit, well said!

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Pissing contest

Reminds me of the days when you used to see who could piss the highest up the wall

Reply to this Topic
Mikeyy

Oct 10

Mikeyy says:

wow

Go Cal Crutchlow what a fantiastic start to his season wasnt expecting that postion on the grid

Rossi will move up the pack when the lights go out there no doubt about it.

Nicky hayden best sort himself out or he best start looking for a WSBk ride

Hector Babera should be on that Factory Ducati alonbgside VR

not much else to say bring on the race

Reply to this Topic
deftjester

Mar 11

deftjester says:

What can the rest do?

I posted this on another forum and thought to repost here and see what you guys think..

Who knows what's to come over the course of 18 races, but if this Stoner and Dani parade keeps it up all season what can Jorge, Ben, Dovi and Simoncelli do to catch them?

I almost feel like they need to make a decision right from the very first race to stuff them up the inside and make them dog fight it out at every corner like Valentino did in Laguna...

Or I guess the Yamahas can see if they can find improvements elsewhere in the bike, but after a couple of 3rd places in a few GPs and they will be well behind.. This season proves very ominous for everyone, not on a Honda, who really would normally have a shot at the title this year.

Again I just think Jorge, Marco and Ben need to not try and be faster then Casey and Dani this year but tougher and more fearless. Bring on the race and go Spies!

My Predictions for Qatar:
1. Casey
2. Dani
3. Spies
4. Lorenzo
5. Dovizioso

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Welcome aboard, deftjester …

Hopefully - not knock everybody else off and stuff-up things for everyone, including us!
First post I note – and you ride the Angeles Crest too. Please be well aware of murderous morons in cars doing illegal U-Turns up there. We don’t want you to end-up like poor, Andrew Trevitt of SportsRider, do we?
Speaking of tactics and Laguna Seca - surely, you are forgetting that Colin Edwards 3 on exactly the same bike & tyres as Valentino Rossi, did EXACTLY the same to Rossi in the Corkscrew during the USGP of 2005. It seems no-one remembers this ( or wants to ) and this selective amnesia is rather bizarre – especially so as it was a highlight in the racing movie and salute to the land of the free and home of the brave –“ The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid “…
You will find there are a lot of people with learning and reading difficulties, like dyslexia that haunt MCN. When these unfortunates encounter something they don’t agree with, understand or comprehend, their limited intellect means they are unable to construct a sensible rebuttal or even any form of factual case for their side of any debate, poor dears. Because of this – they resort to claims the words are too big and difficult, the post too long for their short, little attention spans, or leave a witless one-liner – usually misspelled. It is sad but you will get used to it as there is a lot of it about.
To celebrate the first post of another Yank here ( hopefully an intelligent and unbiased one) - I close with several timely and appropriate quotes from that great American, Ralph Waldo Emerson:

“A chief event of life is the day in which we have encountered a mind that startled us.”
“ Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.”

“ Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men. “
“ Every hero becomes a bore at last.

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Aquarius

Cmon mate I have found your posts very interesting and informative but lately you have lost track mate .Dont sink to other peoples levels rise above them .

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Aquarius,1050cc & Defjester

I find your comment regarding dyslexics to be in bad taste. I have a brother who is highly dyslexic but also highly intelligent and talented in his chosen career. There is a huge difference between dyslexia and stupidity. 1050cc - I did read Aquarius's post the whole way through, as I tend to with all threads I post in. It's simple respect for another's opinion and the chance to learn something new that makes me do it. Or perhaps you prefer George Bush Jr style bullet points instead of well constructed sentences? Welcome aboard indeed Defjester.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

True to form

Aquarius rears his ugly head and in no time the forum is full of spite and shit stirring. Riddle me this oh wise one. What kind of sad arsehole has a second forum name like "Anonymous" ? Seems very clear to me that your entire purpose on this website is to create discord and bad feeling amongst people wherever you go, spewing poisonous shit like an ulcerated sphincter. And I'm not the only one to notice.

What seems particularly sad about all of this to me is that someone who claims to have as much knowledge as you do, could use said knowledge to inform and entertain. But instead you use it only to create division and negativity. Utterly pathetic and entirely unnecessary.

Seriously, what is your problem?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ddrooster

Mar 11

ddrooster says:

super Sic

well done that man

4th on a satelite bike

we call him sideshow bob my missus n me hope he doesnt try kill off the so called stars of the show

like his name sake  tho

Reply to this Topic
Stu749s

Oct 07

Stu749s says:

ddrooster

I wonder how much of a "satellite" bike that really is. But well done to Simoncelli none the less.

Wow, Aquarius, you do have a lot to say, you wouldn't be single by any chance would you!

Let's not get off topic and slag each other off, we are all bikers after all. Lets not jump on the Rossi vs Stoner bandwagon, they are both huge talents. I am Rossi fan and have to say I don't particularly like Stoner. However, I will not bad mouth him and I acknowledge just how good a rider he is.
As for the racing. My worry is the gaps between factory bikes. Is the Honda really 1.5 seconds a lap faster than the Ducati? If so is this going to be another procession season, I hope not. Moto 2 for me this season I think, by far the more entertaining racing IMO.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle