Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner starts from pole

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner will start the first race of the 2011 season on pole after setting the fastest time during qualifying today. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa was the only other rider who could come close to Stoner's time and will start from second on the grid, ahead of reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo. Marco Simoncelli set the fourth fasest time, after languishing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 March 2011 18:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

SIMONCELLI'S

BIKE IS A WORKS BIKE HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT IF YOU FOLLOW THE SPORT?

Reply to this Topic
Stu749s

Oct 07

Stu749s says:

Eddl

As I suspected!

Sorry Eddl, we all bow to your superior knowledge.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Don't Worry Be Happy

Don't worry about comments posted on this forum , the people who post probably don't have an effect on global morality and ethics . If someone uses the disabilities of others to bolster their views it undermines them and their comments . I'm really surprised at Aquarius for that one to be honest . John Britten the kiwi bike builder was dyslexic so was Alexander Graham Bell and Pierre Curie (Marie's Husband) . So I think we can put those kinds of comments in the file marked ; Bin. But never mind that shit , what about Stoner and Crutchlow?

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

weskit

Being a BITCH! just about sums you up matey. (must be a Stoner fan!)

Cum Oh sorry! Come on Rossi come on Cal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Oh, please ...

Unbelievable - I use the term " dyslexic " in a sarcastic form of commentary on the stupidity of the bad banana's here ( as opposed to mocking a genuine sufferer ) and I get the outraged Greek Chorus. What if I had said something about those with " erectile dysfunction " - would another bunch of you come howling out of the woodwork. Those that are perpetually flaccid, that is. Are you all really that sensitive or just finding another item to bleat & moan about? See - " http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm " - as if I would deliberately take the piss out of such an august body of people. Pacman 46 is the sort of moron I had in mind - but, sadly, he is doomed to ongoing disappointment anyway in 2011- so doesn't require any further comment from me to highlight his infantile and misogynist fantasies. I rest my case, Deftjester- now you see how it is - a mix between a Borstal and a Kindergarten. Richard 1967 - I KNEW John Britten and a few of his closest guys and riders on the project, so let it go, OK?

Good old Supermario - the walking, talking failure - Mr jealous and resentful - you are badly behind the times and obviously missed several posts clarifying the accusation you now make for the second or third time in just 24 hours. You see, sad-sack - the day you tried to sink your ballet shoe into me but found it had zero effect - and all the times since - you just keep right on confirming ( along with a few others ) that it is YOU who has a problem - with me! I can’t even post a straight, technical comment without you and your cheer-leaders getting all vicious, arguing and faffing about all over the place like farts in a fan factory. Gee, so sorry it has become such a big, time-consuming and huge negative in your frustrated and cheer-less life. Unfortunately, you have a glass jaw and VERY delicate sensibilities - and having been verbally TKO'd numerous times - now prowl MCN desperately looking for any post of mine that you can sink your diseased gums into and whinge and moan about. You too are destined for a long, Summer of discontent. To all the " normal ", sensible and genuine  fans of motorcycle racing here - have a great night and enjoy the Race. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Surprised by Crutchlow's pace

0.5 seconds off Ben Spies for Crutchlow is very impressive. Particularly bearing in mind half that time must be the difference between a Tech3 and full factory machine. I don't mind admitting I didn't think he would be that fast that soon.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

This forum really would be a better place without Aquarius, I'm getting fed up of having to skim-read through your essays just in case you've written something slightly relevant to the topic.

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

tisk tisk

It's a shame we behave so bad towards each other.Glad the season has started. Go Casey !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

"Is the Honda really 1.5 seconds a lap faster than the Ducati?"

Well we can say that, with the same rider, that the 2011 Honda is just under a second faster than the 2010 Ducati... if that tells us anything? One would suspect that, with Stoner on board, the 2011 Ducati would be challenging for the front row... but enough speculation... bring on the race!

Reply to this Topic
lovell2576

Jan 08

lovell2576 says:

I am a Rossi fan through and through. Have been from his 125 days right through to the present. Nobody can question he's talent on a bike and the fact that he has adapted over the years to many different types of bikes and technology and won multiple world championships, which quite frankly, NONE of the other quick "kiddies" in the paddock have done (Lorenzo granted, but I am talking 125, 250, 500, 990 (On Honda and Yam)  the 800). That is what sets him out as the exception to the rest, his ability to adapt. It is fact that we are seeing the final years of Rossi and he will be missed when he goes but as pointed out everything has to come to an end at some point.

But, were all forgetting that the only "BIG" manufacturer not to win a championship in the 800cc era is HONDA so I can see why they are pulling out all the stops this year, they must be pretty pissed. So, what happens next year? And, is Rossi already resigned to a top 5 finish this year as a sacrifice for creating a 1000cc weapon for next year? Maybe thats the plan, money is not in abundance anymore so there must be commercial decisions to be made.

I am just happy that the season has started. Were in for a treat this year as always, from all classes and championships.

Shout out to

1. Stoner (Who I am not a fan of) for wringing the tits out of that Honda and making it look stupidly easy. He is a talent, nobody can deny that 2. Cal Crutchlow, who is proving his worth already and I hope can keep it going (We all know he can ride quick) 3. Rossi, to stop complaining about his shoulder and just get on with it. 4. Ben Spies & Simoncelli, the unknown quantities in all of this. 5. Bautista to get well soon. 5. Marc Marquez for showing us that he is just a natural talent for the future. 6. Bradley Smith & Scotty Redding for giving us brits something to look forward to in Moto 2 7.  Danny Kent, Danny Webb, Taylor Mackenzie & Harry Stafford. 8. All the brits in WSB and potentially a seriously competitive BSB this year.

I cant wait :-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices