Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Stoner takes first win on Honda MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Stoner takes first win on Honda

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Stoner takes first win on Honda

Repsol Honda new boy Casey Stoner topped off a perfect weekend at Qatar by taking victory in the first MotoGP race of 2011. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa got the holeshot, only for Stoner to take the lead after a couple of laps. Pedrosa got past Stoner again and looked to be too fast for the Aussie at one point, but Stoner managed to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 March 2011 19:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Defiant1

Aug 09

Defiant1 says:

So, let's get this straight

" I find it even harder to like the guy when some people etc etc " What twisted and ridiculous reasoning is this? This is the same thing as saying you don't like Bono or whoever because two chicks you saw at the U2 concert in Row 33 C annoyed you. Huh? Duh? Poor, Bono - as if he gives a rat's arse about you and your opinion - same with Casey Stoner. Speaking for myself, Mr Super-PatheticMario - I find it really hard to like Rossi, because so many one-eyed jerks like you think he is Jesus Christ personified. I don't really believe that for a moment - but using your very strange logic - it could be true of some fervent fan of some other rider and is every bit as totally invalid as your very odd opinion. Thought I had seen it all here on MCN but this one has to take the cake. I have followed your peculiar " stalking " and criticisms of Aquarius with interest and I know who is the odd man out here. Did anyone else note the expression of the face of Jerry Burgess and a few others in the Ducati garage? They were ecstatic and very obviously felt that Rossi had done and finished a hell of a lot better than they were expecting. Rossi and the Ducati will improve, no doubt at all. By the same token, to put-down and demean last night's winner because of his supporters or defenders is simply way off the planet in my  book.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

First race...

..and Stoner wins pretty comfortably (check out how he was able to drop  in a lap record first lap in front of Pedrosa)

..and Lorenzo finsihed ahead of 3 factory Hondas - he must fancy it for Jerez

...and Dovisioso and Sic battling for the first of many times

...and Spies had good pace

..and Crutchlow made a great start to his motogp career, especially considering the crash in the test

Conclusions -

Yamaha is closer to Honda than pre-season tests indicated

Stoner did not have to try hard last night - Jerez is a real indicator.  If he wins there, the others have no chance

Rossi - well it's the shoulder isn't it..!?

Reply to this Topic
maxo77

Feb 11

maxo77 says:

nastrodamus

Nastrodamus you sound incredibly stupid is that the case? Your playground banter is dull! I am growing tired of people using the old chestnut ' oh of course you could do better'. its not about that, but i bet your going to claim that you had a long and elustrias career as a motorcycle racer yourself, you believe you have the superior knowledge, fuck off your not the deli larma! The truth is u probably had your head flushed down the toilet so much at school you now have shit for brains and your real name is Tarquin, am i now closer to the truth oh enlightened one??? Cock!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Maxo77

A very well thought out and eloquently written argument. There's little I can or need to say in defence.

Reply to this Topic
maxo77

Feb 11

maxo77 says:

Thanks.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Brilliant Stoner!!!

What a star! and what a start to the championship!! That Honda is a sorted machine and whatever they've done to the gearchange/clutch is amazing. It's so quick. You can hardly hear it changing. It looks like it's going to be Stoner's and Honda's year!! Casey is super quick, as usual, and the bike is too. Although, I'm sure there's a few that will want to stop him. Pedrosa could have made it a Honda one, two if it hadn't been for the fact that he had no feeling in his arm. Disappointed with Ross on the Ducati finishing a distant 7th and what's happened to Hayden? He was faster last year on the same bike. Looking forward to Jerez!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ejppower

Mar 09

ejppower says:

maxo77

thanks? nostradamus is taking the pi55, are you thick? nostro is quite knowledgeable regarding racing and what he says is right. have you ever raced, have you ever had arm pump? if you have you will realise how difficult it is to hang onto the bike let alone fight for the front dani did well and so did lorenzo but you cant take away from casey that he rode the perfect race but next race will tell a tail or two. keep up the comments people and enjoy the racing.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Good win by Casey last night and great ride by Lorenzo. 4 hondas in the top five from start to finish?? Some bike that. Jarvo must be wetting himself, Spies, whilst doing a very good job is miles off where Rossi would be and their development direction has to be suspect with all 3 masterminds leaving. Rossi, not bad considering injury and shows that there is plenty to come from the duke. Rossi and Jlo are still the top aliens for me with Casey next then Dani, but the honda has given Casey the edge. I am repeating myself I know but will be great watching how Jlo and further down the line Rossi respond. Casey showed some maturity last night even though at times when he was behind Dani he looked like he was losing his mind, good win again though and a decent race. Promising stuff.. What I do like about Stoner is that he goes as well as he can all the time and it pushes the riders who do normally don't need to show it, gonna be hard to win anything against that bike.

Reply to this Topic
incheerocket

Mar 07

incheerocket says:

Racers and....

There are racers and there are good riders, Stoner is a good rider, Lorenzo, Spies, Rossi they are racers,

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

He only won because of the bike!!!!

;-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle