Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland out for two months following Aragon test crash World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland out for two months following Aragon test crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland out for two months following Aragon test crash

James Toseland has spoken of his extreme disappointment after being told that he could be out of action for up to two months following a serious testing crash at Aragon on Friday. Toseland highsided his BMW Motorrad Italia S1000RR exiting the long third gear left hander. Speaking to MCN the two times WSB champion said: “It was a nasty high side and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 March 2011 20:10)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

Best of luck with a speedy recovery JT, hopefully won't miss too many rounds, here's a not serious left field replacement idea, rocket ron, would still be handy round donnie and probably short cut BMW's bike development time with his imput.

Reply to this Topic
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

Whats wrong with you?

Grayzx7r.......YOU ARE A WANKER.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Maxxgas - You Can't be Serious

As much as I am a fan of the Haslam's for all they have given to British Bike Sport, and I still maintain that Leon is Britain's top rider; your 19 years late with Ron for the ride!!!  Chris Walker should get the Donnington Ride IMO.

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

robtz

LOL no mate wasn't serious, there's far too many serious people in here. Same as when I was on forum years ago, same blinkered rider hating posts too. Would have thought it would be brogan or maybe one of the Hawk BMW riders standing in. Although scott Redding could be a good shout, Believe Marc VDS team have a BMW powered GP bike under development,

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

JT Injury

Really gutted for James that he's suffered this injury and missing 2 rounds! Gutted even more than one of the rounds is Donington. I believed he'd do well around here, afterall he's won a few?!

Even more gutted about the absolute sh!te that some pr!cks are posting about him and not giving him the respect that he has worked hard and proven to earn!! This 'retiring' crap, at 30.....SERIOUSLY?? Get f'kin real! James Toseland is a TOP CLASS racer who has had crashes and injuries like most experienced racers. He's young enough, and physically fit enough to get back to winning ways, be it on current machinery (probably not likely), or later with a developed BMW or Factory backing, because once he turns (and he will) the 'bad luck' corner, Factories will start taking notice again (see Biaggi / Checa career)!!

You don't lose the class that JT has over a couple of bad seasons.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stig

I agree with you to a point - in that JT's best days are probably well behind him. Spencer and to a lesser degree good cases in point,  or even Gibernau. Biaggi and Checa never really 'lost it' in the same manner. JT had a very good chance to prove himself last year and sadly he didn't /couldn't.

But nobody flukes titles - the luck comment is below the belt. O.K he's more grafter and points gatherer than natural regular race winner. A bit more Nicky Hayden with his 2006 title.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

glynny u pratt

I note your comments but did you actually read what you were commenting on ? At no point did i state or intend any "glee" as you put it at his injury and i take issue that  that you imply i would be such a moron as to do so,I wish no injury on any rider for that matter,who would ? I would much rather he have had the season 100% fit with no crashes no breakdowns on a full factory bike as this would of endorsed my point,also i do not state that he should retire because of his injury but because of the decline of his form and standing rather than head to bsb,your ability to misread and misrepresent my posting puts you in the league of a national journo,i state that i see him declining to the point of only being offered a bsb ride to which i ask is there any point in him going down that road ? Well is there glynny ?, fortunately there are people on here who can read what i have said not what THEY THINK I HAVE SAID,one other point of clarity and i can see how this was taken ,i dont think his titles were purely down to luck i meant that he has enjoyed some luck in his career to have got to the position of earning and enjoying what he has, many others dont,so glynny you get a grip with yourself as it sounds like you often do,as for the pratt ,pot and kettle me thinks

Reply to this Topic
glynny

Aug 09

glynny says:

You'll get there...

Stig i have read your comments and digested them (for 2 yrs it's been on repeat) and you have substance in what you say (very rarely) but it's the sentiment and the way it reads that just always seem like spiteful sniping, especially with JT. What you write and what you think you are saying are often two very different things. I know this would be an extremely dull site if we all had the exact same opinion on every subject. And i don't want us all to sit here and drool over every rider like they're gods that we are not worthy of being in the same room as, but you know you are not JTs number 1 fan. Thats fine and dandy, I'm not even a fan of his, I'm not really a fan of any individual rider just a huge fan of the sport. But when i write on any rider its with respect as to what they do, the show they put on and to how they have got to where they are. You, my pedigree chum, don't have this attribute. You might think you do, but you don't.

Two WSB titles do not come with luck like you suggest, winning lottery tenners is down to luck. Two WSB titles comes with ridiculous amounts of training, focused dedication, plenty of pain and unthinkable skill levels that you should remember the next time your fingers tap the keys. If you think you write with respect to him as a racer, you don't. If you think you have clarity in your argument, often you don't. And this isn't reference to just this thread, it's been 2 years of your constant put downs and that sniping i mentioned earlier. Many have commented against you about this. It's fell on deaf ears.

He's a racer at the end of the day and asking whether there's any point in heading off to BSB well you just show your ignorance to the sport and again disrespect, but this time to all that race in BSB. BSB has incredible talent and it means we get to watch that talent and fairing bashing on our shores week in and week out. I'm sorry he didn't make it to Moto GP multiple champion status for you, not many do.

I suggest you re-read your posts before you send them in future or get a bike fan to proof read them for you. If not, then you should be more like your namesake hero, 'Stig', stick to the cars, bikes are not for you.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

glynny

I say it as it is ,and if you have such knowledge of the postings you will know that the point we are at now with jt is where i saw it heading years back ,so was i wrong ? If the excuses and constant two page spreads hoorahs! in mcn as to what records he was going to break and prove all the doubters wrong etc were not so frequent maybe i could be more gracious, but that was not so .as for my opinion of bsb i think its the best series possibly in the world and certainly the most entertaining, so your wide of the mark as to my thoughts there ,in fact i don't think he would cut it in bsb at this time, lets face it he has been up against the recent crop of ex bsb talent and they have left him behind ,heard of a bloke called Crutchlow Glynny ? as for my knowledge of the sport you have no idea how wrong you are.So you don't share my views or my cynical often tongue in cheek view ,well thats what forums are about so if you don't want an opinion thats different stick to the fan sites of your chosen faves:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

CUT THE CRAP

Why doesnt everyone forget the sentiment and be  realistic

JT has had his day and is now a has been

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale