Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles to seventh MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles to seventh

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles to seventh

Valentino Rossi blamed a first corner mistake and a lack of strength in his right shoulder for his failure to finish higher than seventh position in his much-anticipated factory Ducati debut in Qatar. Rossi made a lightning start from ninth to take second at the first corner but immediately ran wide under braking. He fought Texan Ben Spies for sixth until lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 March 2011 11:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

vmax4steve

And your point is?  ;) lol

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

GOAT

a hard year ahead for the great man

stoner boy is on it

Reply to this Topic
Geepier

Jul 07

Geepier says:

Dont compare Rossi and Casey

It is folly to try and compare Vale and Casey cos you end up goin in circles.

Firstly congrats to Casey for a dominant win showing race craft and guile. Shame that Danni had arm pump or what ever problem cos i think Casey would have stepped it up even more.

But ......you cant compare what Casey has achieved on the Duke or achieving on the Honda to what Rossi has achieved. They are different completely different riders.

Rossi won on 125,250,500 990 & 800 cc machines swapping manufacturers and in doing so silenced his critics who said 'well its the bike'. I know that no one can ever write the guy off.

Casey is the 800cc man. He has won the most in the 800cc era by adapting to the bikes characteristics (corner speed/power/electronics).

He had a had wins in 125 and 250 but had Danni on the Honda, enough said. Seem to remember him on a KTM with a bent exhaust complaining of lunatics on the grid (125 riders) vmax4steve.

990 saw him on a death wish. that could have been the michelins.

so dont compare him to Rossi or critisise him or Rossi on who's done what ....they are just different.

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

Upgrades&fitness

Lets just hope with a few upgrades and VR being a bit fitter the racing will be alot closer and a bit more exciting!! hopefully he can get a few wins to!!!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

ROSSI/shoulder

Why is the shoulder all of a sudden the key point?,It was not so much so when he was barging into Lorenzo last season just before he had clinched the title,However would i be mistaken in thinking that even if he gets tired in a race that he could muster up the energy to last less than two minutes to put in a qualifying time ? Great rider that he is I am disappointed with his behaviour of late and the slagging off of Lorenzo and Stoner should not of happened, he should do his talking on the track,The fact is Stoner won on that bike and Lorenzo has the number one plate and looks as good as ever,Rossi has everyone he wanted around him and the bike of his choice,now he must make it work, at the moment he looks more like the git than the goat,but its early days,in the meantime Vale be more humble to your challengers its spoiling your image

Reply to this Topic
ginge46

Mar 09

ginge46 says:

Ref the stigg08...

Everybody knows that Vale canna do with Lorenzo (cant say i blame him he is a cocky little fuck) but do you not think the the media hype all this up just a tad!  I think Rossi is strugglin i reckon that was plain to see on sunday coz no way on the earth  would spies of passed Rossi on the brakes 3 times had he been at full strength good bike set up or not!! The goat is the best on the brakes! But i do agree with you wether its him or the media doin all the bullshit stirring it aint doin his image anygood.  Hopefully he will come good in europe, the shoulder will ease coz reckon everybody gettin racked off hearing about it now.....

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Nonsense?

Someone called Wayne Gardner has a piece out about the weekend where he mentions Stoner on the Ducati in 2007

Anyone who reckons he only won his world title because of Ducati's superior top speed - and there seems to be a lot of them - is a fool.

But who is this Wayne Gardner? Does he know as much about racing as Supermario and Minty Fresh?

Reply to this Topic
Rydr

Sep 09

Rydr says:

Rossi

This article is about Rossi's seventh place finish and it has the most comments and most read in relation to the Qatar Moto-GP. Stoner's win didn't get as much attention. Like him or not it just shows that Rossi is still the biggest draw in Moto-GP

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

There is more to it.

On Stoner's win championship win in 2007 Ducati playing the cards well in the first season of the 800s and catching everyone by surprise having perfect Bridgestone tires and a class of a 800cc engine.

Feck what Gardner says.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

thanks for the link weskit... a good read and I couldn't agree more clicker. Like him or hate him Stoner deserves respect for his talent and for what he has achieved to date and he managed to do it whilst one of the greatest riders of all time was out there...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices