Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles to seventh MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles to seventh

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi struggles to seventh

Valentino Rossi blamed a first corner mistake and a lack of strength in his right shoulder for his failure to finish higher than seventh position in his much-anticipated factory Ducati debut in Qatar. Rossi made a lightning start from ninth to take second at the first corner but immediately ran wide under braking. He fought Texan Ben Spies for sixth until lap...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 March 2011 11:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

not me,..

Im not quiet, just been busy, also my last post says it all, read what rossi has done on all bikes all classes all cc's, all strokes, all manufacture's, out of the top 3 one/.............ONCE

Read it and weep....Dont spout a load of shit about how good stoner is before reading the stats...

Race wins get less and less...he won 10 races in 07....on a bike not even developed by him...then less n less...

One world title....in all classes.....

And all these peeps post 'stoner is a better rider'.............BOLLOX....

IF thats what you think your not a motorcycle fan let alone a racing fan...your here fr one thing........to cause an argument...

Ok fact no bollox....casey is a great rider....but only when EVERYTHING goes his way.....

Rossi is a genius........loath him you may..as i loath man u say for been a good footy team....not that iu like footy...but as an example...they win everything and lots of people hate them...

Idont HATE stoner i think he s a hell of a rider, but as an ex racer/track day/genuine fan, i apreciate all he's done.

And if he never wins another title again he is still 8 times the rider stoner or lorenzo is on a gp bike at the mo...

And his charisma will take alot of replacing....

Stoner may win this year to...and i wish him luck..honestly...but he will NEVER  EVER achieve what rossi has achieved.....i promise you that...........

Reply to this Topic
gasguzzler

Sep 09

gasguzzler says:

racinjetford

yes the stressed member (engine) frame design incorporated by ducati utilised torshion and bylatteral stress transferal (frame flex) to generate load on the tyre walls and increase heat and grip , something very important with the old bridgestone tyre compounds and which suited caseys riding style but as we see with almost anyone else , causes cronic understeer or a vagueness  that doesnt give the levels of feedback required to instill confidence , let alone a platform to develop a ballanced setup that vale will be after .  ducati  cannot hope to utalise vales development skills with the chassy they have , its a dead end , im sure its dawning on them now !!!!!  also rossis lap times (race)were as fast as caseys on that machine. its just that the standards higher now . all credit to him hes riding it as fast as stoner and he knows hes now way off the set up he needs.......

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

oh yeah...

And just to confirm....anyone who is a regular poster will know my problem with casey is not his riding ability...i always said he s good.

Its his inability to turn up at fund raising do's etc....

I spoke with a young coupe on day of champions last year all 'ducati'ed up with stoner gear.

They were looking forward to seeing him interviewed and selling some gear for riders for health...

But no he decided to miss it, leaving them majorly dissapointed...and some youg african was left hungry...

And im told he was heckled in the past so did nt turn up....we'll the heckling must have been self inflicted...cause hand on heart i ve never heard any heckling of riders at a charity event...

Reply to this Topic
kizzat

Dec 10

kizzat says:

next please

i think it was a great race was expecting rossi to do worse than that but he suprise me and he should be happy with that enough of the shoulder problem get your head down and concentrate on the big red machine. thought stoner was going to go from the get go but dani gave him a good run as for jorge never liked him but he did ride well the one to watch this year consistency. PLEASE PEOPLE ENOUGH OF THE SLAGGING MATCH WE ARE ALL ON HERE FOR THE BIKES

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Well actually...

Probably just in front of spies...it s not rossi that s the problem the bike is crap...it got steadily worse over the last four years...just ask casey....that s why he left...cause he d exhausted all his avenue's for developing the bike...binning it four times in 2010.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Hey sean, Rossi's answer to that same question which was posed to him in an interview in La Gazzetta dello Sport was fourth or battling it out with Dovi and Simoncelli... He believed he could of lapped consistently at high 1.55's for the entire race if his shoulder was 100% and with the GP11 as it is.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

lorenzo

Gets booed, but he just smiles and laps it up.....

Im no fan of mindless thugs that do this sort of thing.....but its no excuse for not turning up.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Doesn't matter leemuz

If Rossi fails to win on a bike Stoner won on 22 times then that says it all. And this "Rossi could have lapped 1.55s if his shoulder was right", "Rossi could ride the ducati like stoner did if his shoulder was at full strength" is getting pretty desperate and sad.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

YUP

motogp can get worse, i seem to think honda took a backward step at the start of 2010, and probably the year before i think i remember dani getting flack, also laptimes don't fall every year at every track so maybe progress isn't always forward.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

IT ALL DEPENDS

on how much the others have moved on, im not gonnna go look up the stats cause i cant be arsed but dani had major majot stability issues at the start of 2010

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices