Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

paulnwt

Jun 08

paulnwt says:

Colour Change

Hi,
I've purchased another set of bodywork for my bike and changed the colour scheme. I have informed My insurers and they don't quote based on the colour and if there is no change to the value of the bike then they are fine with it. My registration document guide says I have to inform DVLA but if my intention is to use the new colour during summer and change back to the old colours for winter, should I bother?
Do I have to continually update them everytime I swap the bodywork? Will DVLA charge me for the privilege?
Regards
Paul

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 March 2011 21:24)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
triumphrider600

Feb 09

DVLA

forms usually only show the primary colour not a combination. If there is a common colour on both schemes use this one.

Tom

Reply to this Topic
Duvit69

Mar 11

Duvit69 says:

Be carefull

If at some point our friendly boys in blue happen to run a PNC on you and it comes back as a ''black honda suzikawa'' and your new body work is green,white,orange etc etc you might well have some explaining and convincing it's not a ''cloned'' bike

:huh::huh:

Reply to this Topic
paulnwt

Jun 08

paulnwt says:

On thin ice

Yeah, I had already thought about a common colour description but sadly I don't think that leaving just the bar ends on in the original colour would keep me out of trouble. :smile
I take the point that trying to explain why I haven't bothered to register the  change of colour to the good officers that help keep us safe, might very well be tiresome and a waste of everyones time. I'll register the change, having to do it twice a year in the comfort of my home is a much easier option all round. Thanks.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ZebraDriver

Jan 11

ZebraDriver says:

colour

I used to drive an old land rover that was painted in Zebra stripes (hence the forum name).  I changed the colour section on the V5 to black/white and they accepted it, perhaps you can do the same with your two colours?

ZD

Reply to this Topic
late60sbiker

Oct 09

late60sbiker says:

What if you had multiple colours?

Would DVLA accept Rainbow or multicolour.

What if you have no MAIN colour

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices