Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Street Triple imminent New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Street Triple imminent

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New Triumph Street Triple imminent

Triumph is days away from revealing a Speed Triple-style overhaul to its big-selling 675cc naked. The Street Triple will gain its bigger stablemate’s modernised headlights, as revealed in MCN this week, and a higher-quality level of finish throughout, despite prices being pegged at or near current levels. Insiders claim a tastefully matched range of new colours adds to the perceived level of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 March 2011 16:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Not the lights!!!

Anything but the lights...please!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I do generaly dislike the look of the new speed triple including the lights, but I actually think they look good on the street - http://triumphstreettripler.blogspot.com/2010/11/street-triple-r-with-speed-triple.html I am surprised mcn haven't already used this picture

Reply to this Topic
cypekZX6R

Sep 10

cypekZX6R says:

Agree with lewi103

Those new lights are soooo ugly...

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

steady2wheels

I agree it doesn't look too bad, the fly screen takes the pain away a lot though, most of the speed triple photos are without screen and that's where it looks pretty rancid. The photo you've found there isn't official unfortunately...it's a very well edited version of this one: http://www.dailymotorcycletips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Triumph_Street_Triple_R.jpg

Reply to this Topic
occam

Oct 10

occam says:

History

"We’re really happy that so many people loved the old bike so much and that it’s a very important part of their lives – that’s great, but we do have to move on." — Simon Warburton, Triumph's Product Manager "I thought that the 916 series needed to move on." — Pierre Terblanche, Ducati 999 Designer

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

The new headlights look fine. To the "old school" who hate it? Good for you... enjoy your bikes! The fact the new Street / Speed Triple's headlights disgust you so much and make you savour your bikes so much is a good thing, no? It will make you love your bikes even more and resist "upgrading" to the latest and greatest and blowing money needlesly. Your wives will love you even more for not wasting money on a pointless upgrade. Love your bike and don't waste energy hating on the 2011 bikes.

But for new owners like me (ex-Sprint ST owner), I love it! I didn't like the pre-2010 bikes, but I like the new one, so have bought one. Deal with it and again, enjoy the bike you have got!

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

P.S.

To MCN... The latest spammer has been a member for 2 days and has made 109 posts to advertise their shite.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS???

It is getting out of hand. You have a problem and need to adress it guys! It is seriously pissing people off!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Like others have said, once you put the headlight cowl on the Speed, the lights look better. The tank was a bit of a pudding in my mind and it didn't all work for me. Add just a couple of bhp and a tiny saving in weight and I didn't think it was worth trading my old model for and paying out the cash.

The Street though makes more sense in some ways. It's marginally slower, alot lighter and just as much fun. If Triumph can knock the new one out for the same price as the old one, it could be very tempting lights n all.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Looks good to me.

I actually think the new lights are ok but on the Speed they are too high, the tank is hump backed and also too high, lastly the radiator side pods stick out a mile.  If that  MCN street schematic is anything to go by the Street look like a winner!

Oddly enough the new Speed headlights actually fit on the older bug-eye model and look pretty good....

Picture about half way down the page:

http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/159534-alternative-headlights-led-projector-2.html

Reply to this Topic
caveo

Apr 10

caveo says:

New? Hardly

Its not a "new" modelits just a facelift, and one that will miff off alot of folk too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices