Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Donington Park WSB: Vermeulen set to ride at Donington, but unlikely to race World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > MCN Donington Park WSB: Vermeulen set to ride at Donington, but unlikely to race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

MCN Donington Park WSB: Vermeulen set to ride at Donington, but unlikely to race

Chris Vermeulen will make his long awaited return to racing this weekend when first free practice kicks off for the MCN-backed Donington Park WSB round, but it is unlikely he will actually race on Sunday. The factory Kawasaki man completed 30 laps at Cadwell Park on Wednesday and while it was positive for him to be back on a bike, he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 March 2011 17:48)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I hope he gets better soon. Quite unusual to turn up at a race meeting expecting not to race. Better for Chris I think on a number of levels for Kawasaki to book some private track time.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Vermeulen

I honestly don't rate Vermeulen . He's had a lot of chances and done very little with them .

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

That was a massive injury he sustained, he should walk away as its not worth the risk of not walking again.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

I rate him a bit.

He has been unlucky ever since he jumped on the Ninja shades of Hopper springs into mind.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Vermeulen was unlucky when he found a fast corner at Phillip Island with no air fence, and went steaming into the tyres that backed directly onto a solid earth bank.  hardly 21st century facilities, despite the track being one of the best.  i wish Chris all the best on his recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZddDoheiE

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

Vermeulen

I'm with Richard1967 on this, he's had chance after chance and done nowt

Reply to this Topic
daveandtrig1

Apr 07

daveandtrig1 says:

The guy has done nothing in years, MotoGP at the back, then first year back to WSB, one of the highest paid and off he comes. Now missing the start of the season. Please

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

he cant help being ninja'd

Not his fault he is injured but it does look bleak for the bloke,perhaps he could team up with jt and watch wsb together

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

Put  STALKER on it for the weekend !!! Thats the bike for good sake not Vermeulen.

MMMMMM Chris on Chris not a nice thought unless they where both called Christine that is

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

So it's not over for him

Not having heard anything about him for a while I wondered whether he was going to come back at all, so that's positive.

However, it seems strange that given he was clearly going to be out for several races after the testing problems over the winter, that they've not got another rider on the grid in the meantime.

I would have thought that Kawasaki Japan would have been keen to get one of their domestic riders over to get some experience...?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle