Skip to content

Discuss This Return of speed control threat General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Return of speed control threat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Return of speed control threat

A bike throttle which gets stiffer to force the rider to slow down has been developed in a European Commission research project. The system uses an electric motor attached to the throttle cable to increase stiffness when an onboard computer calculates the bike is going too fast. It could be used, along digital maps and GPS, to prevent speeding or...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (25 March 2011 17:31)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

So I can speed like a bastard in my car if  I want to but not on my bike. Yeah I know, cars are next for speed limiters. As I said before if I buy any bike with all that shit on it, I`ll rip it all out. If it can be made it can be unmade.

Reply to this Topic
martyn

Aug 02

martyn says:

speed controller on bike

Hi

I assume it has to be linked to a GPS to know there is a bend in the road but how does it know the rider or the bikes capability. In the first part the GPS bit this has to be some bit of kit to keep up with road alterations last year I drove (according to the GPS) for 20 KM  several metres to the side of the mapped road and other time advised to U turn as no road shown.

The second bit I assume some boffin  guesses what he thinks is a safe speed. The thought of the bike braking whilst lined up through a bend is a brown adrenalin moment co's all my bikes want to sit up and go straight on.

If this happen I'll stop buying new bikes and go with old stuff as they don't usually retro fit to old bikes.

Martyn

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices