Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Donington WSB: Biaggi fined 3000 Euros for Melandri slap World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > MCN Donington WSB: Biaggi fined 3000 Euros for Melandri slap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

MCN Donington WSB: Biaggi fined 3000 Euros for Melandri slap

Max Biaggi was fined 3000 euro for an altercation in pit lane after Superpole 3 which resulted in the World Champion slapping Marco Melandri. The incident was the result of their antics on track during Superpole 2 where Melandri had to abort a flying lap after encountering Biaggi who was cruising on the racing line. After a bout of arm waving...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 March 2011 09:06)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Despite Biaggi.

Putting pen to paper on a new two year deal last year to stay with Aprilia will be cut short after his antics serves him right if it happens.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Max has lost the plot...

Pretty despicable attitude to have, blocking Melandri and Haga in QP, let alone causing Fabriz to crash out during FP. 3000Euro is laughable and pocket change to him though. My view is he should been fined championship points for blatant proverbial-p-taking.

Reply to this Topic
gasflowedhead

Sep 09

Biaggi the TIT!

Well ive been a fan of Biaggi since 1992, yeah I know he can be a little girl sometimes but over the years he has given us some good hard racing....

I think after last years podium incident and this weekends fiasco, we all know why he was exiled from the moto gp paddock, and righty so. Grow the F**K up Max or go ride mini motos for a living if you cant behave, your world champion....Great to see the rest of the field duff him up, it was like watching a club race ha ha, it certainly messed with his head as he couldnt get a rhythm going..

Ps Melandri and Checca are pure class, nice to have that in WSBK

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Biggus Diccus

I wonder what Max's wife thinks when she see's him bitch slapping younger, better looking and faster specimens of Italian manliness after some fracas involving his eternal lack of track manners and general ability to wind up anyone, any place, any time.

How about a Cinzano sponsorship called Max Bianco? It'd certainly give me further reason not to buy it.

When young Max was engaged with the equally unhinged Naomi Campbell back in the mid to late 90's I thought we were witnessing the beginnings of the perfect relationship with two equally bonkers ego overloaded cash cows who aren't afraid of cameras going at it like coke snorting, nubile young 'uns do. Sadly Max was too mad even for Naomi which sort of surprises me but then doesn't.

I say get Valentino Rossi into World Superbikes right now on a Naomi Campbell sponsored 1198F and use it as practice for MotoGP recuperation. Max Biaggi has always taken opinion, divided it and then divided it again by winning but I sense in a strange way we'll miss him when he's gone/had his racing licence revoked.

Reply to this Topic
Tetley

Aug 02

Tetley says:

Biargi argy bargy

Biaggi brings all of this upon himself - at times he is simply incapable of acting rationally.   Brilliant rider when his head is right - psychotic when it isn't.

Someone commented what does his wife think ?  I'd guess she's scared of it happening at home ....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I've always been a fan of Biaggi

And have enjoyed a couple of great days at both German and Dutch G.P's wearing a Biaggi cap in a sea of seething yellow. On his day Biaggi is such a joy to watch with his riding immaculate. Yesterday certainly wasn't that day - nor the whole weekend for that matter.

Yeah he's got personality flaws. Although none of them seem as big as the ones a few on this site carry!

The answer is for race direction to penalise racers inhibiting others in practice by grid position. Send them back two rows.

Reply to this Topic
thelegend68

Jun 10

thelegend68 says:

3k Euros A Joke!

If the governing body thinnks a 3k fine is going to hurt Biaggi they're having a laugh!

If Marco had known that it'd cost him 5k to chin him we might have seen a different response??

Max was having a bad weekend (as his results showed) and let his frustrations get the better of him, but if the powers that be really want to enforce rider discipline, then hand out a more representative punishment like a two race ban.

Bearing in mind that most riders contracts will have clauses in regarding results, championship positions etc.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Assen 2005.

Brings back some memories Biaggi getting fined $6000 for a variety of offences in both practice and qualifying such as racing in an irresponsible manner and doing a practice session when it ended and guess who was the victim of it all no other then Mr Melandri.

Reply to this Topic
incheerocket

Mar 07

incheerocket says:

Mad Max ...what else can you say, ... and why didn't he come in after his jump start?? was it just that he did'nt want to be finishing last and would rather have been black flagged???..great first race any way!!

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Know if that was.

Somebody like Rossi who had that done on him just imagine what would happen the sparks will really fly and #46 would take it into extreme measures like he did with Gibernau all those years back.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle