Skip to content

Discuss This MCN Donington WSB: Checa dominates race two World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > MCN Donington WSB: Checa dominates race two

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

MCN Donington WSB: Checa dominates race two

Carlos Checa extended his championship lead with a dominating victory in the second MCN-backed WSB race at Donington Park. Brit Leon Haslam again got to Redgate corner first, but was unable to stop Checa's charge to the front as he overtook the BMW rider at the Melbourne loop on the third lap. Haslam was unable to respond and Checa slowly pulled away from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 March 2011 16:17)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

buelligan

I think you're right, had Biaggi let the clutch out just before the lights changed he would have jumped the start and gained an advantage but in this instance he let the clutch out even earlier, realised, corrected himself whilst off balance and then just missed the lights when he launched. All started and finished in about 2 seconds and the only person it involved was Biaggi.

I understand rules is rules but this particular one was designed for those that don't then pull the clutch back in. Saying all that it wouldn't be racing without Max Biaggi being black flagged for something and it sits nicely with the Melandri bitch slap episode, a kind of comedy poetic moment. I think he should get fined some more and maybe be docked some points just wind the little man up.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

BIAGGI

i like the bloke, but what a knob he was all weekend

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - by what criteria do you meaure the R1 as 'legendary'?  without knowing your specifics, i'd say you've set the bar pretty low.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Melandri

Had his fair run in MotoGP, you dont arrive second in the world championship by being a no-hoper. Sure last year he under-performed, but then so have many and they kept thier rides. Sure he's not going to whoop Stoner but Dovi, Aoyoma, Spies, Simocelli - he can give them all a good run for thier money.

As for Capirex and Elias and old dog thats had his day and a young pup who will go hungry this year. Edwards is surely in his final year and maybe a berth in the Tech 3 squad awaits Marco. He's fast, young, healthy and experienced.

If he has his year in the sunshine of WSBK, scores some wins (maybe the champ) and get back to his old tiresmoking ways (PI 2006 anyone) putting all the Honda/Ducati/Honda BS behind him then why not... I rate him as a race winner and he still has that potential in MGP.

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

Err..new to this WSB malarkey

Why are there two races and why doesn't race number one seem to matter?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Race one

Race one carries equal points to race 2 ; 25 points for a win . I havent perceived race 2 being of more import than race 1 , perhaps the commentators give the impression that it is, because race 1 has given the teams more information on tyre wear and suspension settings . In reality the 2 races are equally important for the riders , unless of course the rider dnf'd the first race . There are 2 races because when Steve  Mclaughlin first floated the idea of wsbk it was to copy the American system which had 2 races . Hope that helps a little Herbert .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

Jump Starts..

What do you guys think about the way the AMA handles 'jump starts'.. for example, at this years Daytona, Josh Hayes (team Yamaha)... jumped the start, but because he let himself lose a few spots, (from pole to 4th or 5th) he wasn't penalized.. Same rule if he cuts a corner hence gaining an advantage, the rider has to relegate himself back a few places within the same lap...  I think that is way more fair than a ride through penalty.. Like buelligan and jamieg says, he actually put himself at a disadvantage jumping the start.. (worst case, he should have been told to fall back a few spots.. at least he would have had the chance to fight for some points, shot, even win.. because we've all seen other riders, come from way back to take the win..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Just when you were showing signs of maturity SF

Come back and call Biaggi 'stupid' once you've got five world titles under your belt. Then there might be weight behind your call. Until then I know who the stupid one is.

Reply to this Topic
Elbowz11

Nov 10

Elbowz11 says:

Hey CosherB.

The R1 is described as legendary on the Yamaha racing site.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

sounds fair to me

Bishop R6 I was not aware of the present AMA rules but that definitely sounds like a better system to me.
I dont condone what Biaggi did by staying out but I can sort of understand how he felt.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices