Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Street Triple revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Street Triple revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New Triumph Street Triple revealed

Triumph has bumped the spec of its 675cc Street Triples gently upward while keeping hold of the prices. The new bikes get a de-chromed look, chunkier aluminium bars (previously just on the Street Triple R model) and of course ‘those’ headlights. The standard bike will cost £6649 on the road with the R set at £7349. The makeover also marks a welcome...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 March 2011 13:38)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Purple??

Looks nice...but purple??!!! Also, I think they should have done pipes and windscreen differently from the Speed...the 2 bikes still look too much alike imho.

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

That light is awful, I'm sure drawing the same circular lights was getting boring for the designers at Hinckley but surely they could have come up with something nicer.

Reply to this Topic
gravelrashjr

Mar 11

gravelrashjr says:

Drool....

I love these bikes with the flyscreen on them, even if they are useless...

Would look awesome in the new Daytona R's paint scheme (white, black and red)

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

Agree, Agree, Agree

....with all three of the other comments so far. Not sure about the purple, never a fan of the new headlight but think it looks good with the flyscreen!

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

mmmmm

apart from the lights

i quite like the direction they are heading with the other subtle changes
very stealthy and man looking

those lights just not to my taste though

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Hmmm

compared to the MV 675cc that was posted last week, this looks rather pedestrian and bland. Style-wise aside, I'm sure it will be a decent bike for day to day commuting.

Reply to this Topic
SpeedLimitRacer

Feb 11

Fit & Un-finished

In terms of quality it looks a little rudimentary in comparison to the MV Brutale 675. I like the lights, but they look like they are 'hanging' onto the front of the bike. Strip the front of any bike so that the lights sit independently and it will look like this. I don't think the lights are a problem, more so how they are mounted-to nothing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

I think I might have been a bit unfair about the lights earlier on. The look is definitely growing on me...

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

If i'd got the old one (which i haven't ) i don't think i'd be worried about getting the new one. There isn't enough new to tempt me. I agree the lights look better with the fly screen. From what i've heard there wasn't much wrong with the old one so why change much anyway. The competition looks fierce in that sector of the market. 

Reply to this Topic
ThreK

Oct 10

ThreK says:

ABS?

As the article doesn't say anything about an ABS option, can anyone say something about that?

It would be a shame if they don't include an optional ABS this time as they did with the new Speed Triple.

In this day and age it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices